Clutch in RPMs drop and engine dies

roscohendrix

Reaction score
Visit site
Ohhh and at one point my bike ran fine before I discovered the problem for about three weeks I didn't have any problems. It just quit cutting off then one day I walk out to crank the bike an it wouldn't even start. It really all depends on how the switch is sittin up in there. When you pull in the clutch and start to brake it flexes the housing for the killswitch just enoufh to cut off the bike.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i was able to go on a 4 hour ride this weekend and really test out the idle changes. Over all I think it helped. However the problem is still lingering. The bike stalled on me once, luckily it was when i was going to park so it was no biggie.

Just wanted to update everyone who was curious and who has graciously been offering me some suggestions.

I have a slew of things to check and no time to check them. Considering canceling my camping/fishing trip to work on cars and bikes. We shall see, I love camping.....and bikes n cars. :rolleyes:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A product that I use on the boat and occassionally on the bike, "YAMAHA RING FREE". From personal experiance on the boat (Yamaha F150) and the bike, this additive works very, very well. I don't use any other additives (except K100) on the boat engine, runs like a top (like the bike).

Please read this link, it may help your issues-(same issues) and certainly can't hurt:

Easy fix for rough idle and stalling - Technical Discussions - FJRForum

Last edited: