Chipped engine block. JB weld?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Crash cages are great for engine protection but not necessarily good at protecting the rest of the bike. I have used decent sliders in the past and after slow speed drops have had very minimal damage with just superficial damage to the sliders.
Like you I was concerned with protecting the cases so installed engine bars and stubby sliders. Unfortunately they do not protrude out as far as sliders. A flop and drop the resulted in a smashed fairing and scratched up grab rail. These had previously been saved by the sliders. I have kept the cage but abd have also installed my old sliders for good measure.

Neil

Neil, can you post a link and a pic of those engine bars, those were what I was referring to earlier. Your engine "cage' likely would have saved all of kenken's damage..

Thanks, Scott

Kenfz6

Reaction score
Visit site

kenken2812

Reaction score
Visit site
well everyone the job is finally finished. the welder did a great job and im sure it will be a much more permanent fix, i certainly wont have to worry about the jb weld coming off at a bad time. overall for parts, the weld, oil, and paying my buddies to help me tow it around, it came to around 550. there were a couple times I got pretty hopeless but all you guys on here kept helping me out. Thanks a bunch and i'll definitely be on here more often now. im just thankful that i didnt get to badly injured and that i was able to get my bike running again, that moment of pressing the starter and hearing her kick on again was sheer elation!