Chillin' at Starbuck in Kuwait

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone - In Kuwait for a couple of weeks with the Army, training exercise. This is my first time back since my deployment and well...it still sucks. Hot and humid as hell, about 109 and more humid than Houston or New Orleans.

We are in insulated tents with A/C. During the day the temprature between the upper and lower bunks is about 40 degrees. NICE! It still smells, go figure.

Oh well. As the saying goes, you can stand on your head for two weeks.

View attachment 21412View attachment 21415View attachment 21416View attachment 21417
View attachment 21418View attachment 21419

Last edited:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah to be in the army, to have free relaxing holidays!! haha!!

Obviously I haven't a clue what i'm talking about!!! Have always wanted to join the army but eye's failed me when I tried...still...

You have fun out there!! :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If they have Starbucks, maybe they rent Harleys too... go rent an XR1200 and find a track :rof:

Actually there is a Harley/Buell dealer a stones throw from here. That's were I ordered my 1125R way back in Sep of '07. I ended up canceling that order as the couldn't get me the bike until June of '08, long story... Of course I learned that tidbit after I'd placed the order. They have military overseas purchase programs for Harley, Ford and Chrysler products. You save about 15 to 20% or so. I'd guess the best deals are in the States now.

No tracks in Kuwait but Bahrain has one, I'm pretty sure that is where the MotoGP season opener was held.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll hoist a beer for you tomorrow at Lovejoys.

When are you back?

Ahh..Lovejoys....MotoGP this weekend?

About, around, near the end of the month. Firm travel dates are very hard to pin down. A sand storm blows in and you could be stuck for a day or two extra, that and herd military travel is very slow. Lots of hurry up and wait, repeat, repeat, etc....

We did stop in Hahn Germany and had a nice lunch in the GI waiting area. I hope we hit Shanon Ireland on the way back. They have the best duty free shop in the world. Irish whiskeys, Irish sweaters, lace, Waterford crystal, etc. all at excellent tax free prices. :thumbup: I picked up a very nice bottle of Middleton there last time. It came in it's own wooden box with a serial number on that bottle that can be registered on line with Mibbleton. Smmmoooooth. :D

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
is that te base that has the little foodcourt with the carls jr. and the gift shops or is that the transit one with the mc donalds and horrible living conditons?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,

Don't forget to take some pics for the folks who have never been over there, like myself. So how hot is it?

Kenny

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh..Lovejoys....MotoGP this weekend?
I hope we hit Shannon Ireland on the way back. They have the best duty free shop in the world. Irish whiskeys, Irish sweaters, lace, Waterford crystal, etc. all at excellent tax free prices. :thumbup: I picked up a very nice bottle of Middleton there last time. It came in it's own wooden box with a serial number on that bottle that can be registered on line with Mibbleton. Smmmoooooth. :D

Now here's a man with good fine taste!! :D :rockon: If you happen to find a bottle of Poitin while in the duty free (it'll be terribly more pricy then other drinks) but its somewhat similar to the REAL traditional drink of Ireland that has remained illegal up until a few years ago. Its very much like VODKA but it's a hell of alot stronger (the illegal stuff is anyways!!) Guinness is just a second runner to this drink!! I think they call it blarney poitin or something like that...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete, I just hoisted the very first Sam Adams Octoberfest of the year in your honor. Once more, THANK YOU for protecting my freedom as an American! Come back to us safe!

Take care! -Eric

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is that te base that has the little foodcourt with the carls jr. and the gift shops or is that the transit one with the mc donalds and horrible living conditons?

Transient hell in Zone 6 at Arifjan. This place is a$$! But I've lived on my tank for 45 days so this isn't too bad. I'm in with another E8, an O3 two civilian contractors and two O5s so its not like living with a bunch of E4s. I guess I'm getting old.

The gym is great and the food, god I hate KBR food. Two years away didn't fix that! The PX area is okay, Arby's, Subway, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, etc. I don't care for fast food however...

Our work area of the exercise it good however, lots of space, a bit hot, but I've been in much worse.

Probably won't get too many photos as we're aren't allowed to take any. Nothing but ****ty tents, T-walls, crappy tin building and sand.

Kuwait is what it is...a$$!

Cheers! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,

Don't forget to take some pics for the folks who have never been over there, like myself. So how hot is it?

Kenny

Imagine Vegas on a hot day with the humidity of New Orleans! It was about 109/110 yesterday. It is 0530 now and 95+.

I'll try to get some photos but we are restricted for security. Don't want some knucklehead posting photos on a forum you know! I'll see what I can do.