CHEAP mod -reflective license plate bolts

Got 'em on mine! :thumbup: The dealer yas a bucket of them at the checkout.

I like my "keyed" plate bolts just fine. License plate theft is WAAAAY too high around here for anything easily removeable.

My used '07 came with them too. A question, in case anyone might know: what thread size are those things? English or metric?
The reason I ask is that ever since I installed a fender eliminator, those wingnuts and overly-long bolts just look, uh, messy (yeah, I know I'm getting nitnoidy here... :spank: :rolleyes:). I'd like to replace the wingnuts with locknuts, then cut the bolts off flush, but I don't yet own a "thread checker" (is that what they're called?)

They came with my '08 in june. Thought about gitting rid of them but the extra safety factor kicked in.....decided to keep them.:thumbup: The dealership tossed them in to seal the deal:D

My used '07 came with them too. A question, in case anyone might know: what thread size are those things? English or metric?
The reason I ask is that ever since I installed a fender eliminator, those wingnuts and overly-long bolts just look, uh, messy (yeah, I know I'm getting nitnoidy here... :spank: :rolleyes:). I'd like to replace the wingnuts with locknuts, then cut the bolts off flush, but I don't yet own a \"thread checker\" (is that what they're called?)
If you take the bolt to lowe's or home depot they have specialty nut and bolt section that has a thread key that will tell you the thread size and you can replace the wing nut with a stanless steel locking or wing nut. Hope it helps.

If you take the bolt to lowe's or home depot they have specialty nut and bolt section that has a thread key that will tell you the thread size and you can replace the wing nut with a stanless steel locking or wing nut. Hope it helps.
Thank you sir! I knew they had a chain cutter, but not a thread key. :thumbup:

Back