Cheap bluetooth communication options

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I noticed that my favorite, direct-from-China online store (DealExtreme / aka DX) now offers three bluetooth headsets made for motorcycle helmets:

This one seems to have a pair of devices for $102:
DealExtreme: $102.00 BT Interphone + Handsfree Bluetooth for Motorcycle and Skiing Helmet (2-Piece Set)

This one is $46:
DealExtreme: $46.14 BT Interphone + Handsfree Bluetooth for Motorcycle and Skiing Helmet (5-Hour Talk/200-Hour Standby)

This one is $53:
DealExtreme: $53.08 BT Interphone + Handsfree Bluetooth for Motorcycle and Skiing Helmet (7-Hour Talk/100-Hour Standby)

I'm not sure of the differences in these units, or how they work, but the price is right! Do they look like knock-offs of existing brand name units?

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Chinese products are not known for their quality. They look like knock-offs to me.

No offense, but most all of our consumer electronics are already made in China.... I won't argue with you about the poor quality though. :)

When I say knock-off, I meant a product that looks identical too an existing product, possibly meaning that it's a de-branded unit. China is infamous for running an extra shift on a company's assembly line to crank out units that are then sold as knock-offs.

Again, the price is right and they could be pretty decent. If I had a use for a BT communicator, I'd give them a shot.

marsh0787

Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to agree with you. I was just saying that they don't look as well constructed as say the ChatterBox systems based out of Korea or the Scala rider head sets out of PA (though they are probably made with chinese parts :rolleyes: ). But yeah for the price it's probably worth a shot. They kinda look similar to other popular brands though... I found with my ChatterBox system that the speakers and microphones were real crappy though... just sayin'.

600rider

Reaction score
Visit site

I have a pair of this, IMO it is not worth getting cos:
1. No noise suppression what so ever, therefore totally useless on freeway.
2. Crashes all the time, although easy to factory default and pair again.
3. Speaker quality - just aweful and piercingly painful.

Save you $ for Cardo or Blueant, they worth extra expense.