Changed one of my blinkers and now none will work. Even when I put the old one back in.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In response. You are correct that we are not supposed to call each other names. I looked up the expression(Urban Dictionary), "Post Whore" It's not like calling you a "Whore" but I still agree we should do what we need to do to keep the peace here.
I did respond in post #19 and thought that might be all that's needed to end of any conflict as I believe we are adults and possess the minimal skills required to get through life and ride a motorcycle.

Please consider I as well as many others are thankful to you for being here for so many of us as well as your contributions to this great forum! I've expressed this through the years. I would not ignore anyone picking on someone and I believe you possess the required skills to defend yourself but more than that I respect you as a member and expect your character to be of the quality that you can, "Take it"

Some of the posts were deleted before I was able to see the entire picture and I wasn't able to feel fair in my dealing except to expect a minimal understanding of how we might behave civilized and get on with our productive rewarding lives.

So again I will thank you Scott for all of your contribution to our forum and assure you I won't hesitate to perform my role as a staff member of this forum to keep the peace.
[MENTION=28688]fastt[/MENTION] Let's focus on how we can get your system back to normal by peaceful exchange.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I DID change my posts as that was what was intended.

If you read my initial posts, I mentioned 1157 BULBS. They ARE NOT used in the directionals, just the tail light.

That was MY mistake-which I tried to fix.

**That is why I deleted my posts as stated earlier.**

**That is why I deleted my posts as stated earlier.**

I have clarified, THREE TIMES NOW, it's apparently NOT acceptable to you.

As for defending myself to you, I won't ANYMORE. I did NOT call you any names, derogatory or otherwise, until RIGHT now.

So I am done with this thread, with you as well.

As it's apparently acceptable NOW, SCREW YOU!

You might buy a test light, read the directions and learn how it works..

Unsubscribed..

Last edited:

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
So those are the two fuses I tried switching. And the flush mounts are what I was trying to wire up.
IMG_20170901_164546.jpg
IMG_20170901_164753.jpg

The rear ones worked before I tried putting those on.
IMG_20170901_164830.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay. The 10 amp fuse that is now plugged into the fuse box, is the second from the left fuse. That is the fuse that you want to make sure is not blown. That should be your running/tail/license plate light and blinker fuse. Is that fuse good? When you turn the key on do you have tail and license plate lights? If you do, you should have flasher operation. Have you tried the 4 way to see if you get activity?

There is the possibility the OEM flasher doesn't like the lower current load of the LED lamp and will not flash. The best way to test a fuse is with a DMM set on 1x ohms. Do you have a digital multimeter?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/53091-turn-signal-help.html#post586206

This is from another thread and you may find the info handy to reference your wire colors on the flushmounts. Please read about the blue wires in the front with reference to termination etc.

In the front of the bike the indicators originally had running light and directional filament in the same bulb. If it's LED there is only one filament and the blue/blue with red tracer wire are no longer used. Below are the color codes to run your indicators. There is also a good chance a fuse is blown. Get you wires sorted properly and then if you have no running light or directionals the fuse will probably be blown because a wire was shorted. Make sure the blue with red tracer or any wire that is not being used is taped off and insulated from shorting.

When you turn the key on you should have a tail light filament lit. If not it's a good chance the fuse is blown. That same fuse powers the running/tail lights and the flashers. The 4 way flasher is the same circuit...

Left front turn signal with running light. That's two filament per bulb in the front.
Chocolate colored wire= turn signal filament.
Blue colored wire= running light filament.
Black wire= Ground or negative.

Right front turn signal with running light.
Dark green colored wire= turn signal filament.
Blue with a red tracer colored wire= running light filament.

Left rear turn signal.
Chocolate colored wire= turn signal filament.

Right rear turn signal.
Dark green colored wire= turn signal filament.

Brake light
Yellow colored wire = brake light
Blue colored wire = running light

Last edited:

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
Three damn fuses.. I blew one like you said and two of the spares on it were duds/blew by whoever had the bike last.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the blinkers were working before go back and check your wiring of the new flushmounts. Look at that list I posted in bold for your connections. Since you are not using the running lights up front the blue wires to each front blinker stock should be terminated so they con not make contact with any ground. Each blinker uses a black wire for ground. The LED flushmounts probably use a red or a yellow wire for connection to the left and right blinker wires coming from the bike. One will be brown or chocolate colored and the other will be green. Each LED connects it's black wire to the respective black wire from the bike.

Then replace the fuse. Any automotive store carries those fuses. :)

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully these two images will help someone else.. Especially if they get the harness for the blinkers.

IMG_20170902_173523.jpg IMG_20170903_132749.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully these two images will help someone else.. Especially if they get the harness for the blinkers.

Stop! The FZ6 had either a brown or a green wire to the left and right blinker!

You should answer any questions that have been asked. There is no red wire for blinkers.
Please read the post where I've listed the color codes. I don't know what wires you're showing. They could be from anything to anything.
The stock FZ6 harness for the blinkers on the left front and right front will have 3 wires together.
Look at the wire color codes for the right front and left front directionals I've previously posted on this thread.
You may need someone who has some successful experience with auto/motorcycle wiring to help you with this.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't hook up the red wire.. I taped it off. I followed the color codes + used a electric detector to identify the running light and the blinker light. I took the bike out last night working..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't hook up the red wire.. I taped it off. I followed the color codes + used a electric detector to identify the running light and the blinker light. I took the bike out last night working..

Great! I was not aware your issue was solved. Was it just a question of a blown fuse or was there another issue that you found?

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
Blown fuse / blown or bad spare fuses.. it was really easy to wire up with those harness's and if I want to put the old ones back in I dont have to do more wire work. I also replaced the blinker box to slow down the blink speed again lol.