Center Stand Lever in the Way?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried to find mention of this in other threads and found nothing.

Does the center stand lever bother anyone else while riding? I find that my left heel rests on it during my commute. Doesn't pose a hazard as far as I can tell, just annoying that my left heel is hitting something and my right heel is free and easy.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Never bothered me while I ride...or when I do any kind of mod/maintenance. It only hurts the looks of the bike IMO :D

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
dude, how far are you putting your feet back? I have size 12 feet, and I ride with riding boots so they have the back heel guards on them and I don't find myself hitting the lever... maybe it's just body position.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs most of the time on the highway (where it bothers me) and in town I keep the peg in the middle of my foot, just in front of the heel. I also wear Sidi boots.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs most of the time on the highway (where it bothers me) and in town I keep the peg in the middle of my foot, just in front of the heel. I also wear Sidi boots.

Same here. I have size uh 42 Alpinestars which is 9 1/2 or 10 here in the states. I know that putting the peg more in the middle of my foot will alleviate the contact but I feel more comfortable with the balls of my feet on the pegs. Like gomd3 said it's just riding position. Just curious to see how many others experience this.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I will bump it from time to time. Size 12 foot. However it doesnt bother me so much that I would consider taking it off. I use my centerstand all the time. Saves space when parking it in the basement or apt and helps when doing up keep. If you wanted I imagine you could cut it and have it re rewelded in a position further back.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Never heard about that before... :confused:

Never heard of the problem or never heard of a centerstand? If I understand correctly there are more than one style of FZ6 available in Europe (standard and naked) and the naked one does not come with a centerstand. There is only one style available in the US, standard with a fairing and a centerstand.

Help from someone who knows more than I do?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Size 11 1/2 here and I have never had this problem. I also ride most of the time with the balls of my feet on the pegs...sounds like a positional problem to me.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After reading the posts I'm thinking it's not my foot size or where I put my foot on the peg or the placement of the centerstand, but my height. I'm only 5'5" so that puts my lower leg fairly vertical compared to a taller person. It makes sense that a taller person's lower leg would be at more of an angle, putting your heel higher in the air. See attached masterpieces to see if they make sense.

So I don't need to remove the center stand after all, just start growing!!

Last edited:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
After reading the posts I'm thinking it's not my foot size or where I put my foot on the peg or the placement of the centerstand, but my height. I'm only 5'5" so that puts my lower leg fairly vertical compared to a taller person. It makes sense that a taller person's lower leg would be at more of an angle, putting your heel higher in the air. See attached masterpieces to see if they make sense.

So I don't need to remove the center stand after all, just start growing!!

5'5".... That explains your avatar.... all this time we all thought it was a kid sitting on your bike.......;)

Just joking....... :justkidding::justkidding: I am only 5'8"

H

HavBlue

Size 13 here and no problems at all but like some of the others, the ball of my foot is all that is on the peg and the rear of my foot is elevated well above the stand post.

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
dude, you might have hit the nail on the head, I do tend to drive with the heel of my boots resting on the ped and when I was out yesterday and I put the ball of my feet up, I didn't hit the stand but Im also 6' tall so the leg position was def like your second pic.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
5'5".... That explains your avatar.... all this time we all thought it was a kid sitting on your bike.......;)

Just joking....... :justkidding::justkidding: I am only 5'8"

:rof::rof::rof: I was going to mention the lowering kit....................

J/K I will go and hide now..:scared:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof::rof::rof: I was going to mention the lowering kit....................

J/K I will go and hide now..:scared:

Hey that's not a bad idea. While I'm obviously not as short as my daughter (pictured) I am pretty short and sometimes I can't put enough of my boot down to get good traction. I didn't even know that they made a lowering kit but I will look into it.

Thanks, even if your tip was unintentional!