Casey Stoner on his way back?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing talent. I wish the media would just leave him alone and let him do what he knows best.

Hey Jamie!
I'm looking at a picture of your black bike in Super Streetbikes magazine! There are a couple of members I recognize from the forum in the magazine and I remember someone recruiting on the forum for this mag.

If I get a chance I'll scan the pages and post them. Do you get this mag on your stands in Aussie Land?

Cliff

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure he will be back. He's an amazing racer. If anyone has the potential to beat Rossi it's either Lorenzo or Stoner. Pedrosa would like to think he could, but the only way he could ever win the GP is if Stoner, Rossi and Lorenzo dropped out. What can I say? I love to hate Pedrosa! :D

Dani_pedrosa_crash_Sachsenring.jpg

PEDROWNED!!

1190546814.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing talent. I wish the media would just leave him alone and let him do what he knows best.

Hey Jamie!
I'm looking at a picture of your black bike in Super Streetbikes magazine! There are a couple of members I recognize from the forum in the magazine and I remember someone recruiting on the forum for this mag.

If I get a chance I'll scan the pages and post them. Do you get this mag on your stands in Aussie Land?

Cliff

They picked the worst picture for that..oh well! I did send it! It's already been scanned & posted, and i have a copy of the magazine, thanks to Elizabeth...

Great Mag, would love to be able to get it in Oz.

:thumbup:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On the other forum I frequent, there has been much heated discussion about his return.

I hope he has recovered, but if it is a 'fatigue' related illness he may never truly be back as we remember him (or back at all for that matter).

Before anyone starts on me as Casey bashing, I am a fan and really want him back out on the grid & out front.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not quite a fan of Stoner, more in favour for Nicky Hayden ... purely because he has number 69 (and his funny accent) ... I'm not bull****ting hahaha :thumbup:
And Melandri for running so good on an inferiour bike.

But he has a lot of talent, enough te be a world champion again.
So it was really sad seeing him in that condition.
Hope he gets 100% fit again and give those 2 yamaha's a run for there money ...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not quite a fan of Stoner, more in favour for Nicky Hayden ... purely because he has number 69 (and his funny accent) ... I'm not bull****ting hahaha :thumbup:
And Melandri for running so good on an inferiour bike.

But he has a lot of talent, enough te be a world champion again.
So it was really sad seeing him in that condition.
Hope he gets 100% fit again and give those 2 yamaha's a run for there money ...

Yes, that's the main thing...time for someone to get in between Rossi and Lorenzo, and Casey seemed to be the only one capable of doing so...

There have been a few pundits about the place, saying that Stoner's situation is very similar to Freddy Spencers...let's hope that Casey doesnt end up like poor Feddie Spencer...had a similar thing at a similar age...and never made it back with the same amazing talent on show.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Only time will tell.

Rumours of Rossi being shirty with Yamaha after they signed Jorge may see him in Red for 2011. That should be enough motivation for Stoner to get back on.

Freddy had a similar energy sapping condition but also suffered badly from arm pump later on.

Freddy was the last to win 2 classes in the one season (250 & 500 in 1985), I would love to see us go back to that way of thinking. That would show an amazing level of fitness & talent these days.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Benj, you gone off Dovi now?

Spies is a freak, just hope Gp doesn't treat him the same way it seems to treat all the other WSBK guys.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not a problem at all!

Well it is, if you wanna see some interesting racing...at the moment we are watching the same 2 guys battle it out in a race of their own...almost, apart from the occasional "interloper"...

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
In the spirit of supporting Stoner, we should get him one of those exhausts that shoots flame out the back. That way as long as he is in front no one will come close to him... Its just a matter of making sure its race legal :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the spirit of supporting Stoner, we should get him one of those exhausts that shoots flame out the back. That way as long as he is in front no one will come close to him... Its just a matter of making sure its race legal :D

Hah, better still, maybe a club, or some nunchucks...like in the classic Playstation game...Road Rash...that should do the job...might not be exactly legal, but hey....we wanna win here!

:rockon::spank::ban:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It appears as though Casey is going to give it a go this weekend. Check out the post on superbikeplanet for details Soup :: Ducati: Stoner Still Not 100% :: 09-29-2009 .I guess this weekend will tell whether he's ready or not, but Jorge is going to WIN ;) Vale's gone into championship mode and rightfully so.

I hope Casey comes back and kicks everyone's butts, shuts up the malicious press, and gives the Yamaha boys something to think about for the rst of the season...dont think it's gonna happen like that....but it would be nice...

also hope Jorge beats whips Rossi's butt!

Rossi has been acting like a spoilt brat since Jorge resigned with Yamaha....yet another case of him turning into a whinging bitch everytime someone challenges him...

And it seems i am not alone with my feelings....

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?...v=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&start=54&um=1

:rockon:

Last edited: