Carbonadi Carbon Fibre Engine protector!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for a while, for a Carbon Fibre, or like, external engine protector, that fits over the top of the left hand side of the engine, or more specifically, the Generator Rotor cover...which is extremely vulnerable to damage in an accident, even with frame sliders on the bike...i know, cause i have trashed 2 of these rotor cover's already.

My FZ6 Cup bike came with an Australian made CF engine cover on it (a requirement for racing in Australia), which got trashed in a highside accident at the track! :( but it did save the rotor cover underneath..so it did it's job!

But since then, i have been looking for a suitable replacement optioon, that maybe a bnit sturdier than the cheapish looking one that came on the FZ6 Cup bike...

Well i found it!!!

All the way from Germany, from a company called Carbonadi....

It was not expensive...in fact it was only $52 AU!!!

The quality is excellent, being made from extreme abrasion resistant CF. The cover consisting of 4 different fibers and two different resin systems. The core of the protective cover is an extremely tear-and abrasion-resistant, 340g pure Kevlar fabric (weave, with absolutely no twill or canvas) The thickness is 5mm.

Was a cinch to put on the bike....just need some decent double sided tape, that is heat resistant...readily available at most auto accesory outlet stores...

The finished job looks great, and gives my engine a lot of extra protection, and considering that the OEM Rotor cover is over $200 to buy from Yamaha...my $50 investment is well worth it!!!

for those interested in purchasing the same item...

CARBONADI - Ihr Spezialist in der Herstellung von Carbon-Schutzdeckel für Motorteile - Motorcycle Protection System

Here's a couple of pics taken in bad light, in the shed!
View attachment 33042

View attachment 33043

View attachment 33044

This is just another way to help protect your investment, and enhance the looks of your bike whilst you are at it.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

why must u post this!!hehe

getting the itch....

its going into my to buy lists!

btw whats the part number that u purchased from the lists?

...cant seem to find for fz6 in their ebay shop...

Last edited:
why must u post this!!hehe

getting the itch....

its going into my to buy lists!

btw whats the part number that u purchased from the lists?

...cant seem to find for fz6 in their ebay shop...

YAMAHA FAZER FZ6 600 CARBON LIMADECKEL bei eBay.de: Motorrad-Motorsport (endet 25.01.11 10:55:08 MEZ)

:thumbup:

Nice one!

I've almost pulled the trigger on this a few times, but never did.

Maybe after Tassie.

That's what you said about the CF rear fender! :D

Come on girl, go the bling bling!!! :D

Really nice. Now I have to go to the site a look for one for the SV! :BLAA:

YAMAHA FAZER FZ6 600 CARBON LIMADECKEL bei eBay.de: Motorrad-Motorsport (endet 25.01.11 10:55:08 MEZ)

:thumbup:

That's what you said about the CF rear fender! :D

Come on girl, go the bling bling!!! :D
Need all my $$$$$$ for Tassie right now - it's already cost us a fortune in new gear and trailers and we haven't got there yet LOL

I will carbon fiber "bling" my baby up when I get back:

Rear fender (not front as I like the white on the bike)
Side pods
Engine cover

Definitely :cheer:

Need all my $$$$$$ for Tassie right now - it's already cost us a fortune in new gear and trailers and we haven't got there yet LOL

I will carbon fiber "bling" my baby up when I get back:

Rear fender (not front as I like the white on the bike)
Side pods
Engine cover

Definitely :cheer:

Yeah, Tassie has cost me a fair bit already too!!! new lid x 2...and the expensive bloody Shoei's as well!!!, The Bluetooth doober, Tyres, panniers, etc, etc, etc...

Oh well, i reckon it will be a trip we all will remember fondly for the rest of our lives...a lifetime of great riding memories!!! :thumbup:

Am most definitely in "get my $hit together" mode right now...

Tried to ring you yesterday, spoke to Humpy, i am getting all like....now is this sorted, is that sorted, should i do this now, do i have enough of this, etc, etc, etc....

:D

Awesome! I can't read a friggin thing on their website, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Ive got 2 links to their ebay site, but can't figure out what year these are for.
YAMAHA FAZER 600 FZS CARBON KUPPLUNGSDECKEL MOTORDECKEL bei eBay.de: Motorrad-Motorsport (endet 24.02.11 10:55:21 MEZ)YAMAHA FAZER FZ6 600 CARBON LIMADECKEL bei eBay.de: Motorrad-Motorsport (endet 24.02.11 10:55:08 MEZ)
Does someone know whether they are standard across the board?
And Wolfman, I am assuming these are hot-glued on?
Cheers Wolfman, these are 2 awesome pieces of kit that I would never have found. :thumbup::rockon::Flash::rockon::thumbup:

Back