can't disconect Headlight harness

grunt720

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, newish motorcyclist here. taking off the front fairing on my fz6 to go naked, and I can't get the round headlight harness connector to come loose. any ideas? Seems to have pins that i'm supposed to depress but I can't seem to push them in.

Last edited:

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
I THINK you have to pull the tab up, then pull apart. I just reassembled my front-end and I remember that piece being a bit tricky.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the best forum on the Internet! Blah

Carefully examine the release on the plug and make sure the release is pushed or pulled enough to get the plug separated. Some plugs are just a PIA the first time they have to come apart. While you're in there inspect the pins and it doesn't hurt to put some dielectric grease on the plug before re-installing.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
hit it up with a little wd40 then gently work a very small flathead screwdriver to pry the 2 connectors apart. once you get a little wiggle use your hands and best grip you can get. takes a little patience but it will come apart

grunt720

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok thanks guys. Ill take a look at it tomorrow. When I don't want to rip it to shreds. lol

**** just got it off** pull the tab... thanks!!

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hit it up with a little wd40 then gently work a very small flathead screwdriver to pry the 2 connectors apart. once you get a little wiggle use your hands and best grip you can get. takes a little patience but it will come apart

+1, mine was a pain is the a$$ the first time I took it off. Just be patient and gentle!