Can I roll the bars forward?

Reaction score
Visit site
I have long arms and while I love the more upright stance, I notice I get a stiff burner in my neck after about 45 minutes from my elbows being bent, I also thirst for a little more agressive stance and feel on the bike. Can I loosen the bolts and just role the bars forward (so to speak), then adjust all the stuff to fit correctly?:confused:

I have moved them forward and backwards. Just test and make sure there is no inadvertant throttle action, and you have full range of motion.

Any tank/fairing clearence issues to be concerned with, or other safety related stuff ? I like the feel of being a little bit more over the front wheel, but I'm not ready to go with full sport bike bars.

you can roll them if you want, i found (when i tried) that it puts a weird twist on the bars, on thing that a lot of folks have doe to solve problems like yours is to swap over to the FZ1 bars or clip ons.

from what i have read you can re-use everything and transfer it over to the FZ1 bars since they are the same diameter, and i think the bars are cheap too from Yamaha. For some reason $30 or so is sticking in my head.

I found this image thru Google. If this is what they are like, I think that may work. THANKS!!!
Thanks, this site rocks :rockon:

if anyone can confirm that, I'll place the order...Thanks again!

You might also try lowering the front of the bike by 1/2" or 1".

Those are the Suburban Machinery FZ1 bars. Pricey, but they look nice. Supposedly a good fit on the FZ6 too.

$165 last time I checked. A bit steep compared to $40 for FZ1 bars, but darn cool lookin'. I actually rolled my bars back a bit, leaving just enough clearance to the tank to not smack my fingers at full lock. A little more aggressive (not much), but avoids the "beach cruiser" bar look that I didn't much care for.

Back