Cam chain tensioner - help!!

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that all there really is to changing the tension unit? Really? Geez that is easy peazy. I could do that in my sleep. On my cb, the tension unit is in the middle of the engine, between the carbs and a bit lower. These things have been around for decades, I am not sure how they can be screwed up anymore but obviously they can be.

Eagle, your issue reminds me of carbs being out of sync. It probably is your tension unit but it is a reminder to once in a while check the sync on the throttle bodies.

baz

Reaction score
Visit site
IThe previous owner did 22000kms in 6 years!...And possibly slight related, the oil I used both last change and this change is Motul 7100 10W40

Hi everybody, same scenario with me: FZ6 Faz 2004 with nearly 29000 Km, I'm the second owner; Changed all fluids,motor oil Motul 7100, tyres and so on. After few days started a little ticking noise only when hot, especially on throttle release right side of the motor. Some people addresses the synthetic oil as a possible cause. They states that It may clean out all rubbish from old dino oil moving this crap all along the way, and this may compromise the oil full dampening function inside the CCT.

My two cents...