Buzz At 8,000rpm front of bike !!! Clutch Cable!! Have you had the same problem ???

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Ok Lazy Auto tech here I have had my 2007 FZ6 since Jan and at 8,000rpm
There is a buzzing in the front of bike .Today I had the day off and figured it was time to synchronize the injectors and go over the bike .after a short time of trying to find this buzz I found that the clutch cable assy is buzzing inside the 90 degree metal sleeve at the leaver .. Has anyone else ran into this problem ??? Has anyone ever called Yamaha about warranty repairs ?? I work for Ford and any Squeak or rattle is covered bumper to bumper 3years -36,000 miles .. Anyone know how Yamaha works ???
Thanks
Greg A.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I have the same buzz. I'd go see if it was the cable right now, except I'm a little drunk.
I'll look later, and I bet we can find a simple fix for it.

Fred

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably not gonna be covered, but you can try. These bikes are known to be a little buzzy around 8k rpm. Mine did the same thing at the point where the clutch and brake cables go through the rectangular loop in front of the triple clamp. A little duct tape fixed it right up:thumbup:

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
try riding up to 8k RPM and then touch the clutch lever. i think this was discussed over on the other forum. The lever was what was vibrating for many (including myself). I think someone wanted to plastic shim it, but never got around to it.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
since i dont have them i dont know but do pazzo's correct this problem?

truthfully i havent even noticed. there are buzzes, clunks, ticks all the time. we are sitting on a motor and there is no sound deadening material between us.

im going to try my best not to look for the problem :)

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site

truthfully i havent even noticed. there are buzzes, clunks, ticks all the time. we are sitting on a motor and there is no sound deadening material between us.

its a noisy machine and i like it that way

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Pazzos did not correct this for me.

I just checked the metal clutch cable sheath like someone else mentioned and it seems a likely culprit. I'm going to quiet it by hand at 8k rpm tomorrow and see if this helps the buzz.

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
yes when you pull the clutch lever the noise stops but .It is not stopping because you have a noisy lever. I think that the cable sheath is buzzing inside the 90 degree steel sleeve and when you pull the lever you change the tension on the sheath .If you screw in your adjuster and remove the 90 degree tube and cable you can look into the "90" and see the sheath I am referring to ..

I am still thinking how to resolve this issue ;)
Greg A.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes when you pull the clutch lever the noise stops but .It is not stopping because you have a noisy lever. I think that the cable sheath is buzzing inside the 90 degree steel sleeve and when you pull the lever you change the tension on the sheath .If you screw in your adjuster and remove the 90 degree tube and cable you can look into the "90" and see the sheath I am referring to ..

I am still thinking how to resolve this issue ;)
Greg A.
Ear Plugs worked for me.

Nelly

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode all the way to work today at 8k rpm and didn't hear a buzz. I even played around with the 90 degree sheath that comes out of the lever and didn't notice a difference.

I do get a lot of wind noise and can't crouch very close on account of my tank bag so it's possible that I just didn't hear it. I'll put in earplugs to filter the wind noise and ride home at 8k and let you know.

But I do have pazzos on and if they do eliminate the buzz I might not be able to be of much help anyway.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
My buzz was the clutch lever as well. I'm going to see if sticking a wavy washer on the pivot bolt will fix it. At least I know it's not a problem with the engine!

Fred

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Update on Wed 6-11-08 went to dealer and showed them my findings and they are ordering me a new cable and they said they would call Yamaha and see if problem is wide spread or isolated concerns I will keep you updated !!
Greg A.

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I Have Not Heard from the dealer as of today I will call them later in the week if they dont call me first . I am positive mine is the cable ,but I am not sure that a new one will fix the problem unless they have crimped down the outer sheeth to the inner cable sleeve .. :noworries: I Will keep you posted ..
Greg A.

Silver05

Reaction score
Visit site
Just posting to log another occurrence of this. I can't tell if mine is cable or lever related, though. I originally thought it was the lever, since the buzz stops when i lay a couple fingers on it.

Anxiously awaiting to hear what the dealer says about this...:Flash: