Buy a Kawasaki...at Costco!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why the hell not!?! :BLAA:

...it excites us to find out that Kawasaki has been testing a program since November with Costco, which sees the Japanese bike maker selling its motorcycles through 15 Southern California Costco warehouse stores. Taking place in Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego counties, several Kawasaki dealerships have been working with local Costco stores on the pilot grogram, which includes having a Kawasaki motorcycle on display (starting with Team Green’s KX dirt bikes) at the Costco stores, along with other promotional materials.

Kawasaki Tests Costco Sales Program

For those who may not know, Costco is a membership-based warehouse store where food/household items/various crap are sold in bulk-package/large quantity, usually for a lower price (not always). I think it's a bit of a zoo whenever I've been there.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im wondering if it will lower the strong name of kawasaki? Kinda like high end mountain bike brands did at walmart. On the other hand, it worked for huffy!:eek:
Joe:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always wanted a 48-pack of Kawasaki dirt bikes! :cheer:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A local retailer sells these....garbage. Low quality, poorly made crap.

KawasakiReciprocatingSaw.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out why I went to Cosco and bought this 50 gallon drum of peanuts and what I'm going to do with them. :eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What happens with servicing/warranty ??

I hope it just goes to the nearest dealer , because if you had to buy your mechanics in bulk at Costco it could cost you a FORTUNE :eek: :BLAA:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
As I sit here reading this thread eating from a insanely large can of pudding, I can't help but think this kind of fits with my perception of Kawasucki's quality.

ad8c4457-fa7c-9194.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
its a marketing effort and kawasaki should be commended for it. this has the potential to give the brand more exposure and maybe boost sales; its seen as weird because we never saw bikes being sold at discount markets, but the idea makes a lot of sense to me. if you can get the bike for cheaper backed by the full manufacturer's warranty why not? in the article it states that costco clients are quite affluent, so clearly kawasaki has made studies to which clientele it wants to reach without damaging its image

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I mean, does anyone just buy a motorcycle without asking ANY questions? I'm trying to imagine asking some Costco employee about fuel injection and service intervals and gear and so forth, and it doesn't seem ... ideal.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I mean, does anyone just buy a motorcycle without asking ANY questions? I'm trying to imagine asking some Costco employee about fuel injection and service intervals and gear and so forth, and it doesn't seem ... ideal.

They already sell cars, many brands Welcome to Costco Auto Program

They also have water vehicles, from wave runners to large multiple bedrooms boats.

I don't see any employee knowing much about this items but they sell them.

And if you buy a six pack of kawi ninjas missinformed and get in to a serious accident, they have this too: Costco - Funeral

:ban::ban:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
DAMN..... Thats a sweet looking Ninja. I wonder how it's going to stack up the against the FZ1.

I checked this bike out at the Long Beach show. It's a Z1000 with fairings and is a little heavier. It's alright, but I honestly wasn't impressed with either bike. The FZ1 was still my choice.

S197

Reaction score
Visit site

You don't buy at Costco, you buy at a participating dealership which you get by calling the number on their program. The Costco program just sets a price and gets rid of the BS dealer prep and delivery fees. I was quoted $7051 otd for a 2011 650R with a $250 Costco cash card so $6801.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kwaka's are nice bikes, but this "discount store" mentality does not surprise me....Kawasaki build quality aint wahat it is at Yamaha....and unfortuneatly, their products sorta match up with a "discount store"....

I have a mate with an 08 Kwaka Z1000 with about the same kilometre's on it as one of my FZ6's of a similar age, and his maintenance regime is similar to mine....meticulous!!! and he has to replace so many more basic parts such as hoses, gaskets, etc...due to wear, malfunction, etc, than i have with my fizzer...

You get what ytou pay for sometimes IMHO!!!

And yes, i love the look, of the new Z1000's, both the naked and the "s" models!!!

Pity they will start to fall apart way before any Yamaha does!

:eek:

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
I've owned many kawasakis and loves them all !!!
And that 1000 is :eek: nice
but whats with that ugly muffler and it's got one under the frame too:ban:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've owned many kawasakis and loves them all !!!
And that 1000 is :eek: nice
but whats with that ugly muffler and it's got one under the frame too:ban:

If you think THAT pipe is ugly, take a look at previous version of Z1000!

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Kwaka's are nice bikes, but this "discount store" mentality does not surprise me....Kawasaki build quality aint wahat it is at Yamaha....and unfortuneatly, their products sorta match up with a "discount store"....

I have a mate with an 08 Kwaka Z1000 with about the same kilometre's on it as one of my FZ6's of a similar age, and his maintenance regime is similar to mine....meticulous!!! and he has to replace so many more basic parts such as hoses, gaskets, etc...due to wear, malfunction, etc, than i have with my fizzer...

You get what ytou pay for sometimes IMHO!!!

And yes, i love the look, of the new Z1000's, both the naked and the "s" models!!!

Pity they will start to fall apart way before any Yamaha does!

:eek:

Yeah Kawas aren't know for their quality. I got a story for you. When I took the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course a couple of years ago, The Bike I practiced on was a 250 Kawa Super Sherpa. Now this was the first time in my life I was on a Motorcycle. On the Second day of practice we were doing emergency braking maneuvers. Well I got the bike up to about 30 MPH in second and when the instructor held out his hand signaling me to stop I went on the brakes and to my surprise there was absolutely no tension on the front break lever. NO FRONT BRAKES. :eek: Thankfully the rear brake was still fine. When I stopped the bike and got off I look down at the front wheel and there was the caliper hanging off the front end by the brake line. I finished the course on a 250 Suzuki.