BUTT NAKED vs FAZER

BigRatt

Reaction score
Visit site
If we had a choice of naked on our side of the pond, I'd have bought it. I do like the convenience of the digital package in the fairing. If, say, a bat flies into my fairing and damages it, I won't repair it. I'll go naked and buy a windscreen for longer rides. My 250 has nothing but an easily deatached windscreen and it gives more protection than the FZs fairing.

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Mine is naked now. I miss the fairing sometimes, but not alot. Last night in the pouring rain, 99.5 miles between 11 and 1230 am down the interstate, in kevlar jeans, textile jacket, leather gloves, and my back up boots at 76mph, I missed it alot. LOL It really really really really would of been nice last night.

When its warm and nice out, the naked is better up to 100mph or so. After that I miss my fairing.

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like naked is winning hands down FAIRYS lol !

on a serious note i can understand the advantages of big bulky plastic blocking the rain etc, im just fortunate enough to live in Cyprus where we hardly see any rain for most of the year,like now its 28 deg no wind oh well i think ill go for a ride-- nice comments everyone! thanks....

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
seriously naked has far more streetcred!! no offence

:rof: Ha ha ha! Street Cred?! Oh man...

I'm a fan of the FZ, whether it's naked, half faired, or fully faired. That's the great thing about it, it looks so good any way you want it. I wasn't going to read too much into this thread, but I had to comment on that streetcred remark :rolleyes:

You should install a bunch of LED's and ride with your shirt off! That boosts your street cred in a big way!!:D

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:rof: Ha ha ha! Street Cred?! Oh man...

I'm a fan of the FZ, whether it's naked, half faired, or fully faired. That's the great thing about it, it looks so good any way you want it. I wasn't going to read too much into this thread, but I had to comment on that streetcred remark :rolleyes:

You should install a bunch of LED's and ride with your shirt off! That boosts your street cred in a big way!!:D

Agreed, I love my FZ, but, if you are looking for street cred, you should have probably started with a different bike.

Oh, by the way, I like the naked look, seriously considering doing it, but am hesitant for fear of losing the comfort that a fairing and screen provide. Any input from those of you that have gone naked?

Last edited:

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
ok look we mod our bikes for our own pleasure and others get pleasure from it too right!
so if your on the street ( where most of us do our riding) you look to see which bike has the best credentials! ie STREETCRED.. i think i may start anew thread on streetcred what you all think? is the above statement true or not? :Flip:

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
i think i may start anew thread on streetcred what you all think? is the above statement true or not? :Flip:

I'm gonna start a thread called Biker Boyz and it's gonna be all about stunting and burnouts and wheelies!

I agree with what you say about modding and looking at other peoples bikes, and yes, I love it when people think my bike is sexy and cool, but you're comments about "streetcred" make me want to :spank:

I always thought that as a group FZ6 riders were more refined and mature, and not jock a-holes that are concerned about things like "streetcred," but I guess there are always exceptions :rolleyes:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
ok look we mod our bikes for our own pleasure and others get pleasure from it too right!
so if your on the street ( where most of us do our riding) you look to see which bike has the best credentials! ie STREETCRED.. i think i may start anew thread on streetcred what you all think? is the above statement true or not? :Flip:

My definition of streetcred would have to include rider skill. By that definition I'd be the first to admit that I have little to none, since most of the 18,000 miles I have put on my FZ were long hauls and commutes.

However, FZ6 riders are a very diverse group. We all buy, ride and mod for many different reasons. I guess I'd have to admit that streetcred is one (among many) of those reasons.

But, if streetcred is your primary reason, I can think of alot of other bikes I would go with :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I just equate the term "streetcred" with a fast and furious movie, not anything a credible person on the street would every actually say. If you want "streetcred" get a gixxer and wear a white T-shirt and sunglasses for protection. As for naked I agree it looks better and provides less protection. I definitely want to convert at some point, just not this afternoon.

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
I just equate the term "streetcred" with a fast and furious movie, not anything a credible person on the street would every actually say. If you want "streetcred" get a gixxer and wear a white T-shirt and sunglasses for protection. As for naked I agree it looks better and provides less protection. I definitely want to convert at some point, just not this afternoon.

I believe it's supposed to be a corona shirt.
http://www.obairlann.net/reaper/motorcycle/corona.html

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
ok this cred thing is getting out of hand! lol !! its great how some people slam certain words hey! anyhow thanks for all the input guys naked for me and many others,same for fairys! its kule to be uncool! :Flip:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Each have a specific perpose ..one for tooling around in the city and the other based more for touring (as already mentioned) each deserve their own merit.

heres mine (faired) and my mates..i see beauty in both

FZ6-19May2008001.jpg