Broken tire near Cusco - no tires in Peru???

w5ar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Does anybody know where could I buy a new tire 180/55 ZR17 in Peru?

My rear tire wore out to the wires and is now totally dead and I'm stuck 140km before Cusco. Yesterday I went to Cusco and only shop that had ever heard of this dimension is Honda dealer and they tried calling to Lima and the only thing they could come up with is a Pirelli Supercorsa bigger than mine 190/55 ZR17. I may be able to fit that one on my bike but that's a supersport tire which is totally expensive and definitely not a type I would like to ride with on this type of roads.

Please, if anyone has an idea where or who can I call to find a new tire? I can't belive that it's impossible to find such a tire in Peru. Through whole central american, Colombia and Ecuador, they always had a few of them in all the bigger cities.

Thanks.

--
www.earthonwheels.com

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't give ya any useful info but if I were you I'd ask a fellow rider or a motorcycle dealership employee for the name of a popular Peruvian bike forum and I'd post the question on there too. Hope you find a tire soon.

O and also post the same thread on advrider.com - I'm sure someone will be able to help you!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Good idea! I don't know about a 170 but a 190 will also fit....:D

Of course not optimal tire size but the 190 will fit...

a quick google suggests that the fz6 has a 5.5" rim, which should be ok for a 170 tyre, might affect turn in a bit, but should be ok for touring

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Donde compraste la moto? en Peru?
Si es que la compraste a un dealer, preguntales a ellos, si no, preguntale al dueño pasado donde compro la moto, o donde compro las llantas anteriormente.

Espero puedas arreglar tu problema.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Donde compraste la moto? en Peru?
Si es que la compraste a un dealer, preguntales a ellos, si no, preguntale al dueño pasado donde compro la moto, o donde compro las llantas anteriormente.

Espero puedas arreglar tu problema.

And for all of the forum members that don't know Spanish:

Where did you bought the bike? in Peru?
If you bought it at a dealer, ask them. If not, ask the previous owner where he bought the bike, or where he purchased the tires.

I hope you can fix your problem.

:BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I can't help (I know I'm as much use as a wheel on a walking stick) but I wish you luck with your world trip, hope you find somewhere that has fitting tyres :thumbup:

Last edited: