British bike mags

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
There are quite a few.... fast bikes, ride, etc.

I like 'Ride' as there are useful idiot proof tips on home maintenance and they talk about bikes that I might ride and not too many like the new R1 with six types of traction control

What do you think?

I buy a bike mag every two weeks when we go to look after my mother in law for a weekend and I read it cover to cover and maybe an MCN as well :cheer:

There was a thread on Foc-U about sending mags out to Afghanistan for serving bikers who struggle to get bike mags out there- does anyone know the address to send hem to? I heard that under 2kg was pree to BFPO addresses

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
You can send parcels to the troops, 2kg is indeed the limit, there are also limits on dimensions. Not sure how to send a general parcel though, we send parcels to our son who is currently in Afghanistan in the RAF Regiment.
The MOD has it's own website with advice on what.how etc.
I wonder if we could encourage the publishers to send any unsold copies of bike and car mage to our troops.

As for which mag to buy, I really like Ride for the same reasons, common sense real world bike stuff. Unfortunately it's so thin it only takes an hour to read cover to cover. Bike has much more content, still has a wide range of topics but generally tends to concentrate on new stuff. The answer, buy both