Brakes-Ceramic or Semi Metallic

W

wrightme43

These are a mix of sintered metal and ceramic.
I use them. Awesome stopping power and very consistent. Kinda spendy though.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Softer pads will give you more stopping power but will only last 4 or 5 thousand miles. Go to cycle gear, if you have one close, they should have a book that shows the different pads and what they are rated at. As for the ceramic Vs. semi-metallic, i would say it depends on which brand.

Remember, stock pads have more than enough stopping power. The stock pads can lock up the front wheel if you pull too much. "Grabbier" pads just make so you dont have to put as much effort into it.:thumbup:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
before changing the pads, go for the SS braided brake lines. My brother has this mod on his 2005 and the braking feels better compared to my 2006. And it's a cheap mod to do especially if you have to change your brake oil anyways.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
before changing the pads, go for the SS braided brake lines. My brother has this mod on his 2005 and the braking feels better compared to my 2006. And it's a cheap mod to do especially if you have to change your brake oil anyways.

The stock plastic lines will swell under extreme pressure. The steel lines wont.