Brake light help

cknatz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!!

I need some help. I was pulled over today for my brake light being out!! The cop was cool and let me go; i was 3 blocks from my apartment.

I let the bike cool down and checked to see if the bulb was burnt out.. It did not appear to be burned out everything was in tact. I checked the fuses and all my fuses are just fine. I jumped in my car and went down to SDHM on El Cajon and got a new bulb for a buck. Just changed out the bulb and still no brake light!!! i just went through and replaced all my fuses 10's & 20's just for the hell of it before i posted and still nothing!!!

HELP PLEASE

Is there anything else i can check out before i have to bring it to the shop?? My wife needs the car tomorrow and i need to get to work!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

cknatz

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Brake light out, need help (no it's not the bulb!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK guys thanks for the replies, got it sorted now...

SirIsaac, you are quite right, there are seperate fuses for the tail light and brake light. Unfortunately this isn't annotated in my manual and the brake light bulb is labelled as "Back up" in the fuse box. Don't know if that's meant to mean spare or if it's a dodgy Japanese translation effort!...

Going to look into this.

cknatz

Reaction score
Visit site
FIGURED IT OUT!!

Took off the other side panel and noticed that the brake electrical connection was disconnected!!!! I connected and my brake light is now working again!!! :rockon:

I find it odd that the connection came un done by itself as it is secured with a platic clip but then again anything can happen.

Be Safe out there!!

CK