Brad Nailer Opinions

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Well folks I'm in the market for a pneumatic brad nail gun. I have two models that I will choose from; one is 5/8” to 1-3/8” and the other is 5/8” to 2”.

Now I have not owned a nail gun before and thought it would help with the trim on a small bar I'm building. My problem is choosing the right size gun. Personally I think the 2” is a bit too big for a brad nail. :don'tknow:

Anyone have any experience in these nail guns and could give an opinion would be helpful.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used a 5/8 to 1-3/8 brad nailer for putting up trim in my bathroom...........worked like a charm. The 2'' nailer is a little bigger and harder to fit into tight places.

-Nick-

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I agree. Brads are pretty weak and tend to start bending as they go in. This gets worse the longer they are.

If you need a 2" brad, it's time to start thinking about using a real nail instead.

I really like my Bostitch nailer. Inexpensive and good.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a brad nailer that supports the 2" brad. I've not had too much prob with the nail bending. The reason I got the larger one was if I needed the longer nail I could nail it. mine works fine I can't remember the brand because one of my helpers is using it.

Doc