Born again hard

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
This weekend was a lovely weekend full of Fizzing...

I got my 600 mile maintenance done (at 780 miles :spank:) and got my scorpions installed. Needless to say it was like a completely different bike. I must say that the symphony of valves, cylinders, and exhaust at 12,000 rpm is beautiful and brings tears of joy every time I twist the throttle.:Flash::Flash::Flash::Flash::Flash:

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice man, I'm still waiting on my 2bros...

Did you notice any change in responsiveness or any butt dyno increases with the new exhaust? Did you reset the ecu? (if it's an 07+?)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the stupid grin I come into work with after the morning commute and the puzzled look of the non-bikers as I walk by... They just think that I love getting to work I guess. In a way, they are right... I LOVE "getting to" work! (Actually I like my job too... but I don't let on too much about that.)

I was born-again in a different way. Sold the '05 FZ6, searched in vain for something better in any make/model.... and when I found it??? It was the '08 FZ6. I couldn't tear away from the blue blood in my veins. :D

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice man, I'm still waiting on my 2bros...

Did you notice any change in responsiveness or any butt dyno increases with the new exhaust? Did you reset the ecu? (if it's an 07+?)

I didn't reset the ECU. (mine's an 08) I really didn't notice a whole lot of difference in response (except of course in the upper revs) but it does seem like it is a lot smoother with less vibrations in the seat. A nice exhaust will change the way you appreciate your bike no matter what.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I read on here somewhere that the 07 and 08 both have the O2 sensor so it would work for both. Can anyone confirm this for us?

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
I know 08 and 07 are identical aside from color options. Simply disconnect the battery (+ and -) and the ECU should reset itself.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
the 07'+ models disconnecting the battery only resets the short term memory,but the long term memory stays intact so it still members fuel maps and o2 ratios,anyways it's the o2 sensors job to read the exhuast so the ecu can make proper adjustments,so actually there's no need to disconnect the battery.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm... so if you reset it would you get it to quickly adjust though? Not sure what you mean, so it has a standard map that the o2 sensor can adjust somewhat, so if you erased short term memory and shocked the system by swapping the exhaust and air filter would this clear out the "noise" of old data and more agressively adjust the mix right away to compensate? I just don't want to buy the PC3 yet, I'm spending too much money on other things at the moment.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to have to try the reset. My MPG dropped a bit... is this a common side effect with anyone doing the airbox mod?