booked my road test

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
booked my road test (passed it)

After trying since last August to book my road test locally, I finally got one booked for June 4 in a city an hour and a half away. Gotta love small towns, huh?

Now I'm almost as nervous as I was before skills test day, even though there's no reason for me to be. Test anxiety, I guess.:BLAA:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After trying since last August to book my road test locally, I finally got one booked for June 4 in a city an hour and a half away. Gotta love small towns, huh?

Now I'm almost as nervous as I was before skills test day, even though there's no reason for me to be. Test anxiety, I guess.:BLAA:
Good luck, you will fly it im sure.

Nelly

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you riding 1.5 hours away to take your test? If you are, I can't find any reason why you would not pass. LOL...

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, guys. (Um, where I'm from, guys means girls too.)

Are you riding 1.5 hours away to take your test? If you are, I can't find any reason why you would not pass. LOL...

Hee-hee! Yeah, I am. Obviously, everyone riding more than an hour to get tested will automatically pass with flying colors. Right? :rolleyes:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck!

Practice your emergency braking immediately before the test, as that is usually what you'll have trouble with. (nerves heightened, heart racing before the test, so better to practice in that frame of mind, then the test is easy....)

Cheers,
Rick

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Even my daughter is starting to get excited (she's an extra-special kid, 17, has Down syndrome, loves watching all kinds of racing on TV, and shouts, "Pass him like NASCAR" anytime we're driving behind someone). I told her we can get her her own gear and go for rides. I think she'll be a little disappointed at the way Mom putts along with such precious cargo, though. And my poor, patient 14-y-o son . . . he rides too and so he should be a more well-balanced passenger, so he's going to help me get the feel of the bike with two people on it.

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
Even my daughter is starting to get excited (she's an extra-special kid, 17, has Down syndrome, loves watching all kinds of racing on TV, and shouts, "Pass him like NASCAR" anytime we're driving behind someone). I told her we can get her her own gear and go for rides. I think she'll be a little disappointed at the way Mom putts along with such precious cargo, though. And my poor, patient 14-y-o son . . . he rides too and so he should be a more well-balanced passenger, so he's going to help me get the feel of the bike with two people on it.

You`ll do it :thumbup:

I mean look at all the things above you want to do ... brilliant ;)

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck!

Practice your emergency braking immediately before the test, as that is usually what you'll have trouble with. (nerves heightened, heart racing before the test, so better to practice in that frame of mind, then the test is easy....)

Cheers,
Rick

They make you do that on the road test? OK, I'll practice. I mostly use my brakes for letting people behind me know I'm slowing down. Just letting off the throttle works so well for the actual slowing down part.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They make you do that on the road test? OK, I'll practice. I mostly use my brakes for letting people behind me know I'm slowing down. Just letting off the throttle works so well for the actual slowing down part.

To be honest, I know nothing about the training/testing regime in the States, but it's a good habit to get into.

In Oz, we don't (didn't?) have a seperate skills test. On our ride we'd go onto a quiet street. The instructor would stop and tell you to ride away from him and turn around several hundred yards away. He'd give a signal and you'd accelerate to 60kph and do an emergency brake when he put his hand up.

But like I said, effective emergency braking is a good habit to get into, that way when you have to, you can.

Cheers,
Rick

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest, I know nothing about the training/testing regime in the States, but it's a good habit to get into.

Me either. I'm in Canada. :D

But like I said, effective emergency braking is a good habit to get into, that way when you have to, you can.

I'll say. It's come in handy a few times. Notably when we came around a corner one day and a little bear cub was bumbling across the road.