Blinkers dont work!

eric 05 Fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
i began attempting to install my tailight/blinker conversion kit and when i decided to check which was the left and right blinker i noticed no power going through. after testing both i noticed the indicator lights werent even lighting up! im new to bikes, not really sure where to find the fuse or if a fuse box even exists.. sad, i know.. lol i tried looking through other threads and still not sure what to do!

if anyone can help that would be extremely appreciated! my bike is sitting without my tailing or blinkers on and i need to drive it in the morning!

HELP PLEASE.

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Fuses and relays are behind the side pods (beside each side of the seat) take seat off and they just pop off:thumbup: this is for a 06 but im sure its good for your bike:thumbup: good luck and:welcome:

Last edited:

eric 05 Fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
i checked the signal fuse and it looks fine also thought i should not that the liscense plate lights stopped working too! nt sure how to check relays..

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This might sound like a waste, but what does work?

* it was working when you started
* so retrace your steps
* can you temporarely connect the old hardware and test it?

You need a test lamp or a hand held volt meter but you should have power to one side of the relay going to the tail lights when the key is on. If not, the fuse ahead of it is blow or the circuit is open. Look at the schematic in the tail end of the service manual. Its very helpful. PRINT the page before as reference. It will save you as it defines what everything is called!

Did you pull the fuses and physically look at them?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Fuses and relays are behind the side pods (beside each side of the seat) take seat off and they just pop off:thumbup: this is for a 06 but im sure its good for your bike:thumbup: good luck and:welcome:

Galen,
Can you link up the service manual too?

That would be a life saver for this one. . .

Thanks!

eric 05 Fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
This might sound like a waste, but what does work?

* it was working when you started
* so retrace your steps
* can you temporarely connect the old hardware and test it?

You need a test lamp or a hand held volt meter but you should have power to one side of the relay going to the tail lights when the key is on. If not, the fuse ahead of it is blow or the circuit is open. Look at the schematic in the tail end of the service manual. Its very helpful. PRINT the page before as reference. It will save you as it defines what everything is called!

Did you pull the fuses and physically look at them?

everything starts, nuetral indicator works, headlights, rear breaklights work..

tried reconnecting blinkers.. dont work still. ill keep trying things..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Front-Right turn signal = Blue with a red tracer and black is ground
Front-Left turn signal = Blue and Black is ground.
Front Right running light = Dark green and same black wire for ground.
Front Left running light = Chocolate and same black wire for ground.

Unless you have LED lights specific for dual purpose:
The front turn signals are to separate filaments in each stalk so if you're wiring LEDs for signals in the front you no longer will use the running light wire. If this is the case you should set up for wiring running lights in your bike to keep it legal.

Edit: Some additional info attached. Tail light/running light/license plate light is fuse #48 in the schematic. If those lights are out you no doubt grounded your running light circuit and took out the fuse.
Correct wiring and replace fuse.

Last edited:

eric 05 Fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
PROBLEM SOLVED!

tailight fuse was the one that was out! haha thanks for all the help guys! much appreciated..

the wire schematics should help now that i have this issue handled!

kayodethomas

Reaction score
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem, but i cant understand the schematics that were just posted. i unplugged each of the turn signals individually to test and see but. they still werent lighting up. my head lights and brake lights work but not my turn signals someone please help!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem, but i cant understand the schematics that were just posted. i unplugged each of the turn signals individually to test and see but. they still werent lighting up. my head lights and brake lights work but not my turn signals someone please help!!!

Does you tail light work? Not the brake light but the tail light and license plate light?

muck_mahone

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the exact same problem just yesterday, pulled over to check as soon as I realised my indicators weren't working. In my case it was the key, I wasn't paying attention when I turned the ignition on, the key was half way between off and on. Turned the key all the way and that fixed everything, surprised it started actually.