BILT Storm Waterproof Motorcycle Overpants

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I have no idea on the quality, hoping someone else might have some experience. I did a search but didn't come up with anything. I went to get the Tourmaster Caliber pants today, but they didn't have my size. It was suggested that these (Bilt Storm) might be comparable, but I don't know. They are on sale now for 89.99 - normally 179.99.

Storm Waterproof Motorcycle Overpants

They also suggested Sedici as an alternative. I like the reviews on the Tourmaster, but this is kind of tempting. Any ideas? I'm looking for some warm overpants for my daily commute.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
I cannot speak for Bilt pants but I can highly recommend an alternative; one you can go see in-person. About 6 or 7 years ago, I purchased a pair of waterproof pants at REI to wear on winter dual sport rides in the state forest. My initial intention was to find something wind and waterproof to wear over thermals and knee/shin guards. The REI pants looked perfect. I did not expect them to be as warm as they are. I rarely wear anything under them on cold dual sport rides.

Fast forward and I purchased a second pair a size larger for street duty. I have awesome First Gear vented and armored summer pants. I put the REI pants over the armored summer pants and I am good to go in the winter; armored, waterproof and wind proof.

Here is a link. - LINK :thumbup:

Edit: A closer look indicates that those are not the exact same pants I have. Mine look like those but zipper all the way up the sides. It has been about four years since I purchased my last pair so maybe they changed the style. The price was about the same.

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I cannot speak for Bilt pants but I can highly recommend an alternative; one you can go see in-person. About 6 or 7 years ago, I purchased a pair of waterproof pants at REI to wear on winter dual sport rides in the state forest. My initial intention was to find something wind and waterproof to wear over thermals and knee/shin guards. The REI pants looked perfect. I did not expect them to be as warm as they are. I rarely wear anything under them on cold dual sport rides.

Fast forward and I purchased a second pair a size larger for street duty. I have awesome First Gear vented and armored summer pants. I put the REI pants over the armored summer pants and I am good to go in the winter; armored, waterproof and wind proof.

Here is a link. - LINK :thumbup:

Edit: A closer look indicates that those are not the exact same pants I have. Mine look like those but zipper all the way up the sides. It has been about four years since I purchased my last pair so maybe they changed the style. The price was about the same.

I have those REI pants and the jacket as well. I spent all day in a Terps football game (v. Miami) and I was dry!
Only my face and hands were wet.
I never got clammy, despite being shoulder to shoulder with fans in a packed stadium.
What a game! The rest of the season went downhill from there....

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have those REI pants and the jacket as well. I spent all day in a Terps football game (v. Miami) and I was dry!
Only my face and hands were wet.
I never got clammy, despite being shoulder to shoulder with fans in a packed stadium.
What a game! The rest of the season went downhill from there....

You should have worn your helmet and gloves, that's your own fault.