Bilt riding pants from Cycle Gear

blcrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking at the Bilt riding pants from cycle gear. They have decent protection, but curious if anybody has purchased the mesh inner/textile outer riding pant and knows how they hold up? They only run about $89 and seem to fit well. I like the fact that I can try them on rather than ordering them and getting wrong size and having to send them back. Looking for a warm weather pant for short and long trips. Input appreciated.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't tried them, but I did check out the Bilt leather jacket when I was getting my new tires. I was surprised at the quality for the price, I will most likely be buying it next time I get some fun money.

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone else never heard of Bilt before this Spring? wtf is this jive?

Pimpson

Reaction score
Visit site
It's Cyclegear's new house brand. They have Bilt and Sedici. I'm not in the market for gear, so I haven't checked them out personally. I do know that Bilt has a 5 year warranty and the Sedici is lifetime. (!!!) Frank Thomas is gone.

blcrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been trying to find reviews, but not much out there. Been riding on the street for 12 years in jeans and I think it's time to upgrade to something more weather resistant and more protective.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been trying to find reviews, but not much out there. Been riding on the street for 12 years in jeans and I think it's time to upgrade to something more weather resistant and more protective.

Your hide in a slide is worth a lot. We spend enough $$$s on insurance. Recovery from a slide can be long and scary if there's infection and grafting not to mention bone loss . The freeways here have ridges to get rid of water and they are like concrete cheese graters. In the warm weather I was wearing leather track pants and if it was a short local ride to the store maybe jeans. I finally bought some Kevlar pants from Motoport. they're great in the hot weather cuz they really breath.

I just tested them this weekend in the desert and they were great!

I know, I know! The price!! But they last forever, are washable, and don't degrade if they get wet. You'll definitely save it in out of pocket medical from a mishap!

The front of my pants are mesh Kevlar and the back are stretch Kevlar. The front is 10 times the abrasion resistance of leather. The stretch Kevlar is 5 times. They have a lot of different types of gear including jackets.

The reason I'm posting this is any of your a$$es is worth the protection...
You send them your good fitting jeans and they make you pants and send your new pants and jeans back.

The owner is a great guy named Wayne Boyer. He know about riding, he used to race. Check out Motoport

Do some study on these other materials to see what happens as they heat up in a slide.

Last edited:

blcrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Went down on my Busa at about 70 mph on the pig trail I'n north Arkansas wearing jeans boots helmet and riding jacket. I slid off the road and into a ditch and the jeans did stay together, but there's no sense in taking risk if you don't have to. Like the moron I see wearing shorts and flip flops!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Your hide in a slide is worth a lot. We spend enough $$$s on insurance. Recovery from a slide can be long and scary if there's infection and grafting not to mention bone loss . The freeways here have ridges to get rid of water and they are like concrete cheese graters. In the warm weather I was wearing leather track pants and if it was a short local ride to the store maybe jeans. I finally bought some Kevlar pants from Motoport. they're great in the hot weather cuz they really breath.

I just tested them this weekend in the desert and they were great!

I know, I know! The price!! But they last forever, are washable, and don't degrade if they get wet. You'll definitely save it in out of pocket medical from a mishap!

The front of my pants are mesh Kevlar and the back are stretch Kevlar. The front is 10 times the abrasion resistance of leather. The stretch Kevlar is 5 times. They have a lot of different types of gear including jackets.

The reason I'm posting this is any of your a$$es is worth the protection...
You send them your good fitting jeans and they make you pants and send your new pants and jeans back.

The owner is a great guy named Wayne Boyer. He know about riding, he used to race. Check out Motoport

Do some study on these other materials to see what happens as they heat up in a slide.

Motogiro, I've heard so many great things about Motoport gear. Especially this mesh kevlar/stretch kevlar stuff. I was checking out their link, and though it is expensive stuff, it's damn impressive. While I will say the styling leaves a little bit to be desired (the jackets, anyway), I'm certainly impressed.

I don't have the money for it this year, but I may think long and hard about using some of my tax refund check next year to get a set of the pants and a jacket. It would be great to have one set of gear for pretty much every riding situation, and this stuff certainly seems to fit the bill! :thumbup:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally wouldn't touch them with a 10' pole. They are certainly better than jeans but I think there are better options around the same price. Pick up their leathers and feel how thin they are compared to even the cheapest Dainese or A*. I don't even want to know what kind of corners they cut to sell their pants so low.

If you plan on spending 90$ on a pair of pants, why not spend another 50$ and get yourself a pair of Joe Rocket or Tour Master with CE approved armor, hundreds of positive reviews, and a company with a solid reputation for quality.

Last edited: