bike to bike communication

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
ok so i know there's many posts on this subject, but does anyone know of any bike to bike communicators under $300 for a set for 2 helmets? im going to americade on june 6th and would love to be able to communicate to my buddy on the 3 1/2 hour trip.

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
The Q2 is a bit long in the tooth and it is a tad lame that you have to use a cable for MP3 input despite bluetooth for everything else, but having a friend with the Q2 already and the fact I found a new multiset on Ebay for $140 (might be harder now as the Q4 is the current version AFAIK), I couldn't pass it up.

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
Its the only headset I've tried so while i feel it works great someone who has something high end may hate it.

4 buttons (volume +/-, B2B, phone) on it are easy to find/use even with winter gloves.

Its got about 150-200yrd range when in B2B mode in open setting, it'll probably suffer in city use if you get separated. If you and your bud have good cell coverage, you really have unlimited range. Pair one headset to your phone, one to his/hers and call :)

I use mine primarily for music on my work commute and get about 6hrs (3 days of 2hr round trip) between charges

Conversation can be hard to hear above 70mph. Anything slower is no problem. No body has ever complained about wind noise but my wife says she can hear engine sounds when talking to me from a phone.

The instructions are hard to understand. They seem to be literal translation to English and are not proper grammar. I don't have mine handy or I'd give you an example.

All in all it works well and does what its supposed to.
Whatever you buy I hope your trip goes well. And don't forget to take pics so the rest of us can "go with you". :D

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
i paid $310ish for my Cardo G4 powerset about 8 months ago. Great product with great futures. sound quality is great too, we have tested it plenty of times on the highway for long rides lasting more then 1hour long. i am not sure how much the Sena SMH10 cost but i heard nothing but good things. you really cant go wrong with either one just buy witch ever one is cheaper at the time. As for other brands i wouldn't be able to tell you. You get what you pay for.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cant recommend the Sena SMH10 enough.....just great. Easy to use, great sound quality, decent range, etc, etc, etc...

:thumbup:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine for under $300 shipped for a pair.

go to adventure riders and get in on the group buy. there is no waiting period, just call the vendor and place your order.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I cant recommend the Sena SMH10 enough.....just great. Easy to use, great sound quality, decent range, etc, etc, etc...

:thumbup:

This is indeed the best. Just received another shipment at Surdyke Motorsports yesterday. I would do $300 plus shipping for a set drop shipped to you.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

J_Slyter

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought the dual pack of the Sena SMH10's for $259 (plus shipping) back in March for Lytehouse and myself. This vendor seems to be one of the go to places for Sena's on the advrider.com and bmwst.com web sites.

Rocket Moto

Their website is under construction so I don't know what the current price is, but the owners are very helpful and can answer all your questions about BT headsets. Give them a call, I have no affiliatiion other than being a satified customer.

:thumbup: on the performance on the Sena's. I'd buy them again.