bike stolen today!!!

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site
i will see about buying the bike back from insurance if they total it and will have lots of parts for you guys to pick up all stock only mod i have is the bd43 headlight mod

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Bike found

BIKE found the two that stole it wrecked it and are now in jail
here are some pix almost makes me want to cry cuse i have never even laid the bike down or even scratched it

Dude, that's sickening how little regard for other's property some people have. Glad to hear that they're in jail - I just hope you get a fair deal from your insurance to at least pay this one off so that you can start over. Sorry to hear about your horrible experience.

Travis

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
This isn't very Christian of me, but then again I'm not a Christian so I'll go ahead and say it. I hope that the thieves got hurt, bad.

As for the bike, it looks like it's mostly cosmetic damage. If the frame and forks are OK, then I think you should buy it back and start on a streetfighter or ratbike.

Fred

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site
they walked away from the wreck so they didnt get hurt to bad cops cought them do to blood on the bike and eye witness of the wreck

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site

BIKE found the two that stole it wrecked it and are now in jail
here are some pix almost makes me want to cry cuse i have never even laid the bike down or even scratched it
I feel bad for you and your bike ,but what really make me mad is the fact NOTHING bad will happen to the assholes who did this . America has become so PC and don't care about the victim anyone more. The assholes have more rights than you!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you make out all right. I have always heard if they keys are in it, insurance doesn't pay. Personally when my bike is in the garage it still gets put on center stand and handlebars locked and keys are in my pocket.... I don't trust anyone! Period! I would say now would be a good time to become a corrections officer :sinister:

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Tell your insurance you want full payment fo the stolen bike. You didn't sign on to have someone else wreck your bike for you.

Better yet, when they go to court, ask that they pay you directly - cash or certified check. The only way some of these losers learn is to hit their personal bank accounts.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they walked away from the wreck so they didnt get hurt to bad cops cought them do to blood on the bike and eye witness of the wreck

did it end up being someone that you knew? I think you have a good chance of getting paid with the actual people that stole it in custody. Insurance companies are much more likely to pay knowing that they have someone that they can turn around and get their money back from.

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Those pictures make me rage and it's not even my bike. I can't imagine how you must feel. The lack of respect towards others and others property is astounding.

Do you know how long they had it before they wrecked it?
It sounds like they had no idea what they were doing.

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site

I feel bad for you and your bike ,but what really make me mad is the fact NOTHING bad will happen to the assholes who did this . America has become so PC and don't care about the victim anyone more. The assholes have more rights than you!

I'm curious about this statement... The two that stole it are in jail. I'm guessing they'll be charged with grand theft auto, which is a felony. So they're going to serve jail time (already are), likely to be convicted of a felony (that has major consequences for the rest of your life), and will then be sued by the insurance company to recover whatever is paid to the OP. How is all of this "nothing bad?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay what they did (and I hope they do suffer all the consequences I mentioned). But to think they're going to get off scott free is a bit of a stretch.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm curious about this statement... The two that stole it are in jail. I'm guessing they'll be charged with grand theft auto, which is a felony. So they're going to serve jail time (already are), likely to be convicted of a felony (that has major consequences for the rest of your life), and will then be sued by the insurance company to recover whatever is paid to the OP. How is all of this "nothing bad?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay what they did (and I hope they do suffer all the consequences I mentioned). But to think they're going to get off scott free is a bit of a stretch.
Do you know for a fact they are still in Jail ? They probably got out of Jail on a very low Bail and you don't know if they will do any time at all . The insurance company would have to spend thousands to take them to court and sue. this is most likely a total loss for the insurance company they will be lucky to get one cent. I could be wrong but I've seen this many times before and they will most likely just get a slap on the wrist.

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm curious about this statement... The two that stole it are in jail. I'm guessing they'll be charged with grand theft auto,

gta dont exists in the state of idaho the cops said thay will spend no more then 30 days unless i take them to court

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
You are lucky....
Here if you leave your keys in the vehicle then generally your insurance is void.
The third question my insurance company asked me was, "Do you still have all the original keys that came with your bike?"

Oops, nevermind! I just go through the rest of the post. Sorry man...

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site

gta dont exists in the state of idaho the cops said thay will spend no more then 30 days unless i take them to court

Why the heck do you have to take them to court? Isn't that what laws and courts and police are for? It may not be grand theft auto, but it should be breaking and entering, felony theft, criminal damaging.

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site

As a fellow Idahoan, I don't like the sound of that...

Doing a little digging, I found that GTA is likely just called "Auto Theft" here and may fall under the same statutes as Grand Theft (which makes sense based on some earlier research I did). Here's a link to a defense lawyer that spells out the law and punishment in Idaho.

Here's a quote:
Auto Theft is punishable by a fine not exceeding $5,000, or by imprisonment in the state prison for not less than one year nor more than 14 years, or both.​

I also found another article (summary of some arrests in the area) and it verified to me that auto theft is a felony. I'd make sure that this gets pursued and that you do what you need to in order to make sure they are charged as felons. Regardless of fines and time served, being a convicted felon has a lifetime of consequences everywhere in the U.S.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry to read about your loss, at least you have your bike back and you may be able to fix it up or look at some new mods rather then restore it.

I'm glad they caught the guys who did it. I had a car stolen once and they found the car and I just ended up with a bill, I don't think the guys who stole it were caught.

Good luck and keep us informed. We're on your side.

Rob2222

Reaction score
www.rob2222.de

You could offer the guys, that you didnt bring them to court if you get the difference money for a _new_ bike from then.
Dont know if that works or is a good idea, but at least a thing to think about.

BR
Rob

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site

You could offer the guys, that you didnt bring them to court if you get the difference money for a _new_ bike from then.
Dont know if that works or is a good idea, but at least a thing to think about.

BR
Rob

If drafted by a lawyer, I believe that is what could be considered a "settlement."

Take them to court - those jerks deserve jail time for wrecking your pretty bike.