Bike runs like a champ! Thank you FZ6 Forum!

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from a 30 minute ride. Bikes running great! Got the ceramic coated headers on. Did a TBS sync from idle via Syncpro. Put a K&N filter on. After being off the bike for 5 to 6 weeks, the bike just feels good. Not sue if it's the weather change but I think that might have alot to do with it.... But mostly I'd to thank the forum members. Thank you for the ample information and data.

I am almost wondering if I should put the two Brothers exhaust on and the PCV? Nahhh, that's next! I might do another TBS at 4000 rpms, just for the sake of it.

Thanks again!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from a 30 minute ride. Bikes running great! Got the ceramic coated headers on. Did a TBS sync from idle via Syncpro. Put a K&N filter on. After being off the bike for 5 to 6 weeks, the bike just feels good. Not sue if it's the weather change but I think that might have alot to do with it.... But mostly I'd to thank the forum members. Thank you for the ample information and data.

I am almost wondering if I should put the two Brothers exhaust on and the PCV? Nahhh, that's next! I might do another TBS at 4000 rpms, just for the sake of it.

Thanks again!

Excellent!

Just a quick note.

When doing the sync and checking at 4,000 RPM's, if one cylinder is out some, adjusting it down some (it'll likely be higher than the rest) will still keep it well within spec's at idle but should help with higher rpm vibrations..

I found, usually one cylinder considerably higher (at 4K) even thou they were even at idle. That slight, fine tune adjustment, helped considerably with the in-line 4 cylinder vibes...

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Wo. I thought we were suppose to leave cylinder 1 alone? not unless we had a pressure gauge. I need that gauge.....
I will say I have to ride it more. Although the bike rode extremely smooth last night going down the freeway.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wo. I thought we were suppose to leave cylinder 1 alone? not unless we had a pressure gauge. I need that gauge.....
I will say I have to ride it more. Although the bike rode extremely smooth last night going down the freeway.

Your supposed to adjust cylinder 2,3 and 4 to match cyl 1

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
#4 cylinder was high on mine (at 4k RPM). I stated one cylinder, NOT the #1 cylinder was off.. :)

And yes, per the manual, you are suppossed to use the #1 cylinder as the base cylinder to adjust the rest to match..

If its smooth, I probably wouldn't do a re-sync unless your bored.

Mine ran good but had a slight, annoying buzz thru the handle bars AND seat(it would numb my rear over time). The sync check/adjust at 4K RPM's got rid of approx 90% of it, much smoother overall..

Last edited:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
#4 cylinder was high on mine (at 4k RPM). I stated one cylinder, NOT the #1 cylinder was off.. :)

And yes, per the manual, you are suppossed to use the #1 cylinder as the base cylinder to adjust the rest to match..

If its smooth, I probably wouldn't do a re-sync unless your bored.

Mine ran good but had a slight, annoying buzz thru the handle bars AND seat(it would numb my rear over time). The sync check/adjust at 4K RPM's got rid of approx 90% of it, much smoother overall..

Absolutely! That's what I did from idle. I really would like to try the 4000rpm sync. But based on how smooth I might just leave alone till the hot summer.

Also what manometer did you guys use, a Syncpro? If so which cylinder did you use to calibrate it. I just capped my meter and went off cylinder 1 to calibrate the meter.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely! That's what I did from idle. I really would like to try the 4000rpm sync. But based on how smooth I might just leave alone till the hot summer.

Also what manometer did you guys use, a Syncpro? If so which cylinder did you use to calibrate it. I just capped my meter and went off cylinder 1 to calibrate the meter.

I use a "Morgan Carbtune" and love it. Very, very well made, seems very accurate, no fluids either.

www.carbtune.com

Last edited: