Bike grabbing.

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
i push the bike into reverse and feel that its grabbing.

:shakehead::eyebrow:UMMM if it's in any gear, you will feel it "grabbing". the only way to push it backwards (with the engine off) is 1. put the bike in neutral or 2. pull in the clutch.

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
i hope that was a mis interpreted post. if you go all the way down that is first gear. if you went to that gear and thought that was reverse; please sell your bike as the asphalt is completely unforgiving.:spank:

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes that does sound rediculous but giving you the benefit of the doubt here if you meant when you try to back it up (with your feet, not your non existent reverse gear :rolleyes:) then even when you pull the clutch it sort of sticks and feels like you have to roll over a stick or something. Just shove it back to get it moving.

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Yes that does sound rediculous but giving you the benefit of the doubt here if you meant when you try to back it up (with your feet, not your non existent reverse gear :rolleyes:) then even when you pull the clutch it sort of sticks and feels like you have to roll over a stick or something. Just shove it back to get it moving.

On the same note, check the adjustment of the clutch, if its not fully disengaging when you pull it in while in gear it will grab.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
i push the bike into reverse and feel that its grabbing.

I find reverse works best when the front of your bike (the part with the windshield) faces uphill and the little green light on your dash is on. Then just release the brake and Voila!

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site

Well put. The imagery of "rolling over a stick" is exactly what it feels like on every bike I've pushed backwards.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i ride in reverse all the time...
Backwards.jpg