Biggest Art Project tempted

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
(my biggest art project) So this is my last year in school and i'm trying to set the bar in the class really high just to annoy people. I don't go around bragging about it at school, but the idea is to be competitive with other students. Most people are working in smaller media so im doing the opposite. The artwork is 8' x 8' when all said and done. Also there will be probably 2-3 more of these at this size too. Most of my artwork is music related this year due to the fact that I will be leaving the music store in spring. :( After I send it to one of the art galleries in St louis, I will either end up selling a few pieces and then giving it to the music store for a permanent home. My way of leaving a signature that I was there for 5 years.

UPDATE*
IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0154-1.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Great job, Geoff!! Let me know where and when your show is and I will come see it! :D :thumbup:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, :rockon:

What a talent, if you where not that far I would hire you to do a nice painting on my wall. I tried before and ended up repainting it white, buying a black tree decal and some crows, it looks pretty nice but you can tell is a decal.

Anyways, I want to see it finished.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, :rockon:

What a talent, if you where not that far I would hire you to do a nice painting on my wall. I tried before and ended up repainting it white, buying a black tree decal and some crows, it looks pretty nice but you can tell is a decal.

Anyways, I want to see it finished.

Thanks! Gives me confidence, if I knew how to ship something this large I would.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Cool! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Makes me ask the question: did you create your own avatar? I see stylistic similarities... ;)

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, those look great! I have a friend that I've known since second grade(I'm 27 now), and he's super artistic like you. I swear, there's nothing he can't replicate or come up with from scratch. It doesn't matter if it's painting, drawing, airbrushing, he's just crazy good. Are you going to make a business out of it? Maybe some cash on the side? What you've shown so far, looks more than good enough to sell. :thumbup:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, those look great! I have a friend that I've known since second grade(I'm 27 now), and he's super artistic like you. I swear, there's nothing he can't replicate or come up with from scratch. It doesn't matter if it's painting, drawing, airbrushing, he's just crazy good. Are you going to make a business out of it? Maybe some cash on the side? What you've shown so far, looks more than good enough to sell. :thumbup:

Well, if someone wants to buy them, sure, but nothing crazy. I intend to produce a few more of these with different images. They will have a chance to sell at a gallery after next semester. Im not sure what price I should be looking at though. Any suggestions?

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Cool! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Makes me ask the question: did you create your own avatar? I see stylistic similarities... ;)

Sadly no, I didn't design the idea of the character, i just remade it for a profile picture. Thanks though, I do like 1:1 ratio with colors.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, if someone wants to buy them, sure, but nothing crazy. I intend to produce a few more of these with different images. They will have a chance to sell at a gallery after next semester. Im not sure what price I should be looking at though. Any suggestions?

I would take some time to go to some galleries and see what other similar pieces are selling for. Talk to other artists and see how they decide their prices. (I did that when I started selling glass work.)

Thanks for the updates! It's nice to see your guitar player piece progressing! :thumbup:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site

Man, I have no idea. lol Art is tough to put a price on! It all comes down to who's buying. Someone really into music, for example, would probably shell out a few hundred for it. Someone looking for good artwork, with no real preference as to what it is, maybe around $100 or a little less. Impossible to tell though, until it's up for grabs with a price tag on it.

Elizabeth's suggestion looks to me to be your best option.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not sure what price I should be looking at though. Any suggestions?

You can priced them at whatever you think they are worth, remember that some people are willing to pay $20k for a Harley.

The current record price was paid for a work from No. 5, 1948 by Jackson Pollock sold at US$140 million in 2006.

You can call me crazy but I think some "art" shouldn't even be consider art. I mean US$140 million for this?