Bigger crotch rockets

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
So I make the R1 look like a pocket bike, and the only "crotch rocket" I've ever fit on was a Busa. I heard that Honda VFR's were big. I've been looking around for a one to get in the far future, but have no idea what's out there that's sized a bit bigger. Any help?

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
VFRs are pretty big. Don't know about the rest. The current wisdom is to make them smaller/lighter/faster so it might be tough to go with one of the 'Big 4'. Might have to look elsewhere. BMWs are all huge...

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
check out the honda interceptor. Honda Motorcycles ABS&ModelYear=2008&ModelId=VFR800A8&w=829&h=634 This thing looks awesome I seen it at one of dealers around here and seems to be good for the bigger guy. It has a V4 motor so lots of torque.

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
check out the honda interceptor. Honda Motorcycles ABS&ModelYear=2008&ModelId=VFR800A8&w=829&h=634 This thing looks awesome I seen it at one of dealers around here and seems to be good for the bigger guy. It has a V4 motor so lots of torque.

The Interceptor is a VFR, so you just recommended the same bike he was asking about. I've owned an Interceptor and they are great bikes, but not nearly as comfy as the FZ6.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 VFR's are sweet. I just love the single-sided swingarm look. :thumbup:

Interceptor_Pearl_Blue_Pearl_White_.jpg

Last edited:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Well. I wouldn't believe it myself, but I tried it and it is true. The 2003 R1 is quite larger/roomier than any other SS bike I have ridden. Had a good friend searching for a bike that fits him and he only liked this one. Just try one out. He's maybe a little less than 6.5" How tall are you?

sasper

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about the same size as your friend and still look like a giant on an R1. My good friend has an interceptor (he's a bigger guy than me) and it actually fits him. They are great bikes :)

Good thing I don't care how I look on a bike, since I've had people say "I thought I saw your motorcycle, then realized it WAS you when I saw the giant guy on a little bike." Always makes me laugh :)

andrewclaycomb

Reaction score
Visit site
I get it.

I'm 6'6" and my FZ1 looks like a toy next to me.
DSC00151.jpg

My Bandit 1200 fit me really well, but you aren't wanting a standard. Maybe try a triumph speed triple. I haven't seen one in person but they look big.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the bmw 1200's are supposed to be sporty, powerful, and huge. they were the 'busa's of yesteryear.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6'6" you said right???
Try this on for size: 48 cylinder motorcycle you'll find it's large enough for your frame and definitely has all the power this entire forum will need... or at least enough for the lot of us.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My best buddy, and riding mate is 6'4', and 140 kg's, and is affectionately known as Monkey Boy...cause he is about as big across the shoulders as a Gorilla! good friend to have about when moving house!

He rides a TRX850, which i always joke with him, that he dwarfs it...I reckon the bike that suits you big guys is the Yamaha MT-01, Big brutish looking bike, with a big motor with lots of torque, decent handling, and it's naked! You can also get a stage 3 performance kit for it, which makes it a pretty serious piece of kit, power wise... i reckon this bike is a thinking man's crotch rocket for the big guy, just like the fz6 is for those of us who are getting to the age, who have had enough of being head down, bum up over a set of Sport Bike bars for a decent stint, but still want a bike that goes, stops, and handles properly!

javahaxxor

Reaction score
Visit site
So I make the R1 look like a pocket bike, and the only "crotch rocket" I've ever fit on was a Busa. I heard that Honda VFR's were big. I've been looking around for a one to get in the far future, but have no idea what's out there that's sized a bit bigger. Any help?

I'm 6.1 feet tall, so a bit shorter than you, but I find the VFR's to be just a little bit too big for me, so you should test drive one. Kawasaki has some huge bikes also, like the ZZR 1400, and ZZR 1100, and don't forget the Honda XX Blackbirds, as mentioned before.

kvanderploeg

Reaction score
Visit site
My best buddy, and riding mate is 6'4', and 140 kg's, and is affectionately known as Monkey Boy...cause he is about as big across the shoulders as a Gorilla! good friend to have about when moving house!

He rides a TRX850, which i always joke with him, that he dwarfs it...I reckon the bike that suits you big guys is the Yamaha MT-01, Big brutish looking bike, with a big motor with lots of torque, decent handling, and it's naked! You can also get a stage 3 performance kit for it, which makes it a pretty serious piece of kit, power wise... i reckon this bike is a thinking man's crotch rocket for the big guy, just like the fz6 is for those of us who are getting to the age, who have had enough of being head down, bum up over a set of Sport Bike bars for a decent stint, but still want a bike that goes, stops, and handles properly!

I do love that bike, and would probably own one if they were available in the United States.

Kent