Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
i'd think about this but i don't have the funds right now. that'd be way down the road for me. i was hoping later on to maybe put some thicker oil in and see if that'd help some. i think i'd need to pay the bike off before i could get "clearance" to make another high dollar purchase for the bike.

Define high dollar.... the springs should be around $130. Swapping them out is quite straightforward. Changing the oil as well would involve taking the legs off the bike to tip them over and dump out the old stuff. All easily done in a driveway or garage, in less than 2 hours.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Looks like someone has decided to package up a kit, which makes it a bit easier. From the description, it looks like the digicomb kits (made somewhere in china) kit.

yeah. only these include a set of slim ballasts and you don't have to buy two kits and find someone to swap with you. know nothing about the seller, but it's about time. you can still probably do it cheaper if you found someone to go in with (especially if they lived close buy) and shopped around for the ballasts. but this way is easier.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Define high dollar.... the springs should be around $130. Swapping them out is quite straightforward. Changing the oil as well would involve taking the legs off the bike to tip them over and dump out the old stuff. All easily done in a driveway or garage, in less than 2 hours.

at this point that is high dollar for us. anything over $50.00 would be. not saying it's not possible in the future. but not right now. i might do some digging on the topic though.

the only thing i remember reading is of a brand hyper pro and they were a little more expensive. plus they had a package with a rear spring that came to $300+. i'll have to look into all my options i guess.

thanks

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Fork springs, and fork oil are easy to do.... swapping out the rear spring, that's considerably more involved. I personally like single rate springs, mine are .9kg and that suits me very well. I'll see what I can find as far as brands and prices for you.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
at this point that is high dollar for us. anything over $50.00 would be. not saying it's not possible in the future. but not right now. i might do some digging on the topic though.

the only thing i remember reading is of a brand hyper pro and they were a little more expensive. plus they had a package with a rear spring that came to $300+. i'll have to look into all my options i guess.

thanks

A cheap (poor man's) fix for stiffer springs would be to increase the preload on your stock spring setup. This can be accomplished a couple of ways. I have (in the past) pulled out the spacer above the spring, taken it to Lowes and found a replacement pipe of the same diameter. They sell conduit in 6' lengths for about $15 (if I remember right) and you can have them cut it up for you. I added 1.5" on a little Buell Blast that I used to have and it was a huge improvement. I have heard of people using washers for the same result or adding to the stock spacer with plastic pvc. I dont see a problem with the washers but the pvc kinda scares me. In my opinion, if you are going to go this route, replace your spacer with a longer one and then change your fork oil.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
anyone know if this is a good buy?

you could go cheaper. you'd have to get a set of h4's and a set of h7's. both will cost you about $104.00 shipped to you. so you'll have to spend $208.00 out of pocket and find someone that will buy the remaining h4 and h7. what you do about shipping to them is totally up to you. but assuming you charge them the shipping amount you've spent $104.00 for the projectors. then you have to find your ballasts. you could get a set of slim ballasts for about $55.00-$60.00 bucks. if you didn't care about slim then you might be able to get a set for about $40.00

so your upfront cost would be ~$270.00 with a final price of ~165.00 (assuming you don't split shipping costs with the person that goes in with you) if you got slim ballasts.

so this kit is $200.00 (or make an offer) for slim ballasts included and no leg work of finding someone to go in with you. assuming these are standup people and will stand behind a product if there are any issues it's not a bad price. they are doing the leg work for you. and you could always offer less then $200.00.

just make sure they have everything you need and that they will stand behind their product.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Woohoo,my kit arrived today ,now me and jsmileybaltz swap bulbs and we are good to go :D

Did you guys wire your angel eyes straight to your existing running lights ?

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Woohoo,my kit arrived today ,now me and jsmileybaltz swap bulbs and we are good to go :D

Did you guys wire your angel eyes straight to your existing running lights ?

I wired mine directly to the blue wire on each side (running lights) then shared the ground through a large gauge wire back to the battery.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
OK - this is where I'm stuck. I understand (I think - :confused:) the 'extra' wires coming into the OEM harness, but what does it plug-in to for control (hi vs. low)? I attached a pic from the H7 I have right now - do I plug the Projector male piece to the OEM female here?

if it's the "extra" part (the one that you only have one of for only one of the projectors) you don't need it. i cannibalized mine for the connector pieces to be able to wire mine up for both bright and dim.

[edit] what happened to the post that i quoted from?

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Firstly a massive thank you to jsmileybaltz for going halves with me,his half arrived here yesterday (yours is in the post mate :thumbup:).

So I got them installed today and test fired them and all is good so far,tomorrow I will do all the wiring and tidy them up.
They look fantastic ,thanks to everyone in this thread for your info :cheer:

Here is where I,m up to.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Firstly a massive thank you to jsmileybaltz for going halves with me,his half arrived here yesterday (yours is in the post mate :thumbup:).

So I got them installed today and test fired them and all is good so far,tomorrow I will do all the wiring and tidy them up.
They look fantastic ,thanks to everyone in this thread for your info :cheer:

Here is where I,m up to.

looking good Mick! Nice job! :thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks awesome. I know you will be enjoying the light output.:D BTW, what sort of pod lights are you using?