Been touring in Devon

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
DSCF3096.jpg

Took advantage of the good weather and had four days in Devon with my lad on his Blackbird- brilliant.

Brother in law on his blade joined us for one day:rockon:

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
DSCF3117.jpg

Contisbury hill over Lynmouth! did the Porlock hill hairpins and a load of the A and B roads

Almost as good as Wales

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_0333.jpg

Just Oxford basic soft panniers on rubber anti slip mat all sitting on the exhaust outers which got hot but never hot enough to melt the rubber even with spirited motorway speeds getting there

Tightened front and middle velcro straps under the seat and rear one over the tail at the rear of the grab rails and the tigtened the buckle straps over the grab rail- it was so tight ~I didnt need bungees

Throw on a tank bag and a satnav cover and off we went

This was my trial run before I filled the panniers with kitchen sinks etc but it was just as tight

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
DSCF3116.jpg

This was Contisbury hill in the other direction looking down towards Lynmouth on the A39

Have to reccomend
A396 from Brampton to Wheddon Cross- what the Fazer was meant for twisty and steep inclines
Left B3224 to Simonsbath- fast straights and twisty corners
Right on to the B3223 to Lynmouth- oh wow!!
A39 Contisbury hill leaving Lynmouth. .... if you can wait a minute or three at the bottom of the hill until traffic ahead has cleared and then go and enjoy yourself but dont watch the scenery as that cliff must be 300feet high!!