BD43duel light

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site
ill be doing my duel headlight mod soon should i put different bulbs in why im at it, I can not afford the HID kit was thinking just putting H7 H4 XENON HEADLIGHT BULB in.
tips to achieve best lighting with the mod would be helpful
been searching forms for hours and there is just to much to sort threw

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
The brighter halogen bulbs that claim to be xenon (and aren't) make more light by running a lot hotter than the OEM bulbs do. Others here have done exactly that, and can speak to it more accurately than me.... With the BD43, you have doubled your light output. Getting another 5-10% doesn't seem like enough to make it worth the potential for melting the housing to me personally. Others run much higher wattages with no problems as I understand it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I kept the original bulbs in mine and am satisfied with their performance (after the BD43 mod).

I'd do the BD43 mod and see how well the lighting is, as is before swapping bulbs...

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
To replace the bulb is only to unplug a connector and a little metal clip, 2.5 seconds flat. Don't even need to take apart any fairings or lens covers etc. You can always do that at any time you want.

I have done the BD43 mod and pod lights, stock bulbs work for me, but I have good eyes that take in a lot of light and don't ride much at night, when I do it is near the city. If you are in rural Arkansas, it may be different story if you need to watch for deer at night.

I really don't like those darn xenon bulbs, they blind me on low. I don't think they are cool at all, they help you see better but blind oncoming traffic which may hit you head on.. that is safer? Wait, it just runs them off the road, that's OK then....

My advice on any mod or anything is to start smaller, don't overdo it, do the mod then see how it is, go from there, left foot, right foot, left foot, left foot, oh crap......

Last edited: