Battery Issues + Jurky power delivery

rock21586

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I did load test it. When I switched on the ignition I tested it as 4000RPM. Voltage in the video link you see is when I am doing 4k RPM.
No none of the stores I visited do the load test on motorcycle battery, at least in my area.

I think my battery is fine after charging. It does go to 9 volts but for a very brief moment when I push start it and come back up.

rock21586

Reaction score
Visit site
So yesterday I did a small ride to see how I feel. One thing I notice was I get sudden surge of power when I am in 1st gear, I usually let go my clutch but I am at very low speed as I am just coming out of my apartment complex.

Also when I am in the 2nd or 3rd gear and slow down. If I want to get go from this point it take lot of efforts to get the power.

In above cases, could it be just me who does not know how a 4 cylinder motorcycle works. Because it seems to me that my bike just wants to be in high revs to give me whatever power I need.

BTW that jurky power is gone n high revs as of now. I still have to ride it a lot to see if it is still there.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
my bike was jerky lately and sometimes would not start. sometimes at 80-90mph it would lose power and feel like it was going to cut out. it would "herky jerky" at random intervals and not start sometimes. it had THAT issue, random no starts, for a couple years. it always did start, though

it was the kill switch. $70 repair and all issues mentioned above are gone. all of them :)

just fyi

rock21586

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys for late reply. was out for official training.
[MENTION=25840]FZSexy[/MENTION] I dont think mine is switch issue, as I my bike start right away. But I will still double check.

I will try to disconnect power commander and check.

Does anyone have any linked where its explained properly how to connect. I dont know which one is the original ECU plug.

rock21586

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a ton [MENTION=6338]TownsendsFJR1300[/MENTION] Scott. I did unhook the PC and my bike butter smooth. I do not know what happened after battery issue but PC got messed up. Anyways I am loving it now. PC was very aggressive with power delivery which was little to much for me. All in all I am now a happy camper. Thanks a lot to all guys who provided me with the help.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting as another bike on here was doomed by the install method of a Fuel Controller Plus 12v power source.

This is what powers mine vs some of the hacks into the harness and/or powering the FC from the Brake light fuse... As two of the major manufacturers of FC have suggested they be install.

Brake has its own fuse as does FC.
IMG_0203_zps4qacform.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a ton [MENTION=6338]TownsendsFJR1300[/MENTION] Scott. I did unhook the PC and my bike butter smooth. I do not know what happened after battery issue but PC got messed up. Anyways I am loving it now. PC was very aggressive with power delivery which was little to much for me. All in all I am now a happy camper. Thanks a lot to all guys who provided me with the help.

Glad you eventually found it and your very welcome.

The more stuff put on the bike/car/anything mechanical aftermarket, the more there is to break/fail.

KISS!! Keep it simple!!

Safe riding!!

rock21586

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I too like it simple. But its very difficult to find stock. If there are then they are usually not for sell. Loving it. Well my bike stalled again because of no petrol hahaha, but I was not that far from petrol pump, so dragged my bike again for like half n hour.