Aussies....show us your ride!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still copping some fallout from the missus! She's all good though and happy for me, I'm sure she's just saving it up for something else... lol

I'm taking it real easy right now, what with scrubbing the new tires and running the motor in. The gear change indicator comes on at 7k! I'm quite happy to take it easy until the thousand kays is up. Once the first service is done, they can increase the gear change indicator light to what ever revs I like.

Oh man the exhaust sound is heavy duty wood material! I'll enjoy the stock exhaust for a while I reckon - no need to upgrade that bit - YET.

Actually, I'm quite happy trundling around using the "B" performance mode ("A" being the most powerful/sporty/responsive, then there's "Standard", then "B" mode is for wet/low power conditions).

The sound is MASSIVE wood material :D You sure you really want to wait (love spending other ppl's money) ;)

Have you tried the slipper clutch out yet ?? That is the best thing since sliced bread , you'll love that little toy when we are in the mountains :D [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm9NEMk9zYg]YouTube - 2009 / 2010 Yamaha R1 Yoshimura Exhaust Sound Clip + Pics[/ame]

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These are the pipes you want

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eL0W4Ioqgc]YouTube - Yamaha R1 2010 with Akrapovic evolution indoor[/ame]

Will try & find a better clip with someone snappin it :rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, those akras release a real nice growl

Dont forget the GYTR's :drool: :drool: I can recommend them 1st hand having ridden with them on my test ride :drool: :drool: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YqUEBeXnas&feature=related]YouTube - 2009 R1 with GYTR exhaust 8000rpm[/ame]

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my FZ got her few days back this photo was taken at the M.A.D charity ride in Perth WA. I was so lucky cause i sold the GSR and low and behold i parked right next to it a huge ride ha ha. i am really enjoying the FZ the GSR was more zippy the FZ has more torque

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my FZ got her few days back this photo was taken at the M.A.D charity ride in Perth WA. I was so lucky cause i sold the GSR and low and behold i parked right next to it a huge ride ha ha. i am really enjoying the FZ the GSR was more zippy the FZ has more torque

Nice bike mate , I really like that colour scheme :thumbup:

Did anybody else see the XJR behind it though :drool: :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys.
Had my Naked for a little while now.
I've attached a pic.
Love it.

Wow, 2 new Aussies in one day!!!

:D:D:D

Welcome people!

:rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to another Perth member!

North or South of river? I'm up Chittering way :)

nate11six

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys I'm wanting to get a new exhaust for my bike...
I see it's been brought up on the forum heaps of times.
But what do you Aussies recommend and what have you guys got on your bikes, or had? I'm thinking early next year I'll get some Two Brothers pipes shipped from America. I think it will work out cheaper than getting them from Team Moto...

Any help or feedback is appreciated. :)