Aussie heading to the USA..

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
hey guys been trying to get over to the states for the last year or two and finally booked some flights! will be travelling around for a while checking out the sights...

the places i'll be visiting are..

LA, Seattle, New York, Orlando, Arizona & Las Vegas

me and a mate are going to check out some of the awesome aviation type things you have over there, the bonyard, the space center, boeing factory and of course a trip to vegas....

We're thinking of hiring some bikes at some stage during the trip and going for a decent ride... i wish i could take my FZ with me!

unfortunately i've left the hotel booking in vegas a little late, we were going to hit up the bellagio, their prices have gone sky high but the venetian still seems to be ok, it seems there are still some pretty decent rates to be had, if anyones got any tips for me about that area i'd love to hear them! !

thanks all

Marty

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, your going to hit all the big towns. WHEN are you coming over? Arizona and Vegas will be hot. Seattle could be wet but Washington is a beautiful state, awesome mountains and forests.
Bikes can be rented in most any major city, just google up motorcycle rentals in the city you are interested in.
Vegas has some good riding close by, Red Rock Canyon and the Valley of Fire state parks.
I must say Vegas has the worst drivers in the west, watch out.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are going to Seattle you should really check out Oregon! The weather is usually 5-10 degrees warmer than Seattle. PM me if you decide to venture to Oregon. Enjoy your trip.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget to check out the Hoover Dam while you are in Vegas. I know there's a Harley dealer there that rents bikes cuase I did it two years ago when I was out there for a business conference (shhh...don't tell).

Sounds like you are travelling from one end of our country to the other! There are some great sights to see in NY - are you going to NYC?

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I might be able to help out one of you for an FZ6. I have my bike about a half an hour from the Seatac (Seattle) airport. It is not being used at the moment due to me being in Iraq. Also, I know the Boeing factory/museum of flight pretty well (work for Boeing) and may be able to get you two free/cheaper admissions to the museum. Let me know if you are interested and when you are planning to come to Seattle. Enjoy your trip.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Let me know dates for coming to LA. What are you interested in doing cuz I could help you out depending on when you're here and my work schedule.

Here is a reputable place to rent bikes in a few cities: SportBikeRental.com, Motorcycle Rentals, DUCATI, HONDA, YAMAHA, KAWASAKI, SUZUKI

as for Las Vegas...man, the rates are CHEAP! you can score stuff for $50 a night if you look hard enough. Try the actual websites of hotels for good deals as well. Also, since you're on vacation, midweek will provide the cheapest rooms.

Cool spots that might be fun include Sapphire Pool (just opened and topless strippers hang out on their downtime ;) :thumbup:), the generic club scene is expensive, play the slot machines to get free drinks and not spend $100/hr on tables, sign up for Thrillist.com's Vegas emails...that's where this info comes from and it's good stuff...

hallstr

Reaction score
Visit site
Yank heading to Aussieville.......... the wife and I are heading to Sydney. Hobart and Melbourne the middle of May. Looking forward to the adventure.

Ditto to the poster re Oregon..... great place to ride. Also, check out the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinville, Oregon (about 30 miles south of Portland). Its home of the "Spruce Goose" and other great things aviation and now space too.

Safe travels

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys been trying to get over to the states for the last year or two and finally booked some flights! will be travelling around for a while checking out the sights...

me and a mate are going to check out some of the awesome aviation type things you have over there, the bonyard, the space center, boeing factory and of course a trip to vegas....

We're thinking of hiring some bikes at some stage during the trip and going for a decent ride... i wish i could take my FZ with me!

unfortunately i've left the hotel booking in vegas a little late, we were going to hit up the bellagio, their prices have gone sky high but the venetian still seems to be ok, it seems there are still some pretty decent rates to be had, if anyones got any tips for me about that area i'd love to hear them! !

thanks all

Marty
I'm jealous...the boneyard, boeing factory...make sure you go up to Tikkaboo mountain area 51 lookout! (i think that's right)...

Always wanted to do that!

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
you guys are AWESOME thanks for the top info!

i'm actually leaving a week from monday! so i'll be in seattle around may 5th, New york from the 7th, Florida 10th, Vegas 13th then LA on the 17th

we did have bellagio tentatively booked but their prices just went through the roof! i'm thinking maybe planet hollywood or the palms for a younger crowd (i'm 25) or maybe the venetian as its around the same place. Happy to stay somewhere a bit mid or up market cause we're not gonna be there often!

thanks again i'll be sure to PM you guys and keep you posted on how the trips going!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

thanks all

Marty

I am mega jealous dude , i'd kill to go see the Boneyard , Boeing , kennedy space centre.....I'd definately add Area 51 aswell.......I wanna go too :(

Have a great holiday and make sure you take lots of piccies :D....Meanwhile i'll just sit here today and watch the F-111's fly round home :cheer:

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
If you get a layover in the Dayton, Ohio region consider yourself lucky if you dig planes. Dayton is the birth place of aviation!!! We have the Wright Brothers museum and Wright Patterson Air Force Base, largest base in the country... and Hanger 18 Aliens and all. There is also a very awesome, very free, Air Force Museum. There are some pretty cool planes there!

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
Yank heading to Aussieville.......... the wife and I are heading to Sydney. Hobart and Melbourne the middle of May. Looking forward to the adventure.

Safe travels

May its JUST starting to get cold here, but depending on your definition of cold (for me its anything under 20degrees C) then you might just love it!

Hobart WILL be cold cause its know to exist at the 'arse end of the world'

luckily your dollar translates better coming here than ours does going to you!

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
Let me know dates for coming to LA.

LAX is our arriving and departing city for our flights to and from the USA. We're only there overnight the first night of our trip but will be in LA for a good day and a half on Sunday the 17th to Monday 18th of May.

Thanks for the tips of things to check out!!

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
If you like aviation you should really try the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola FL. In my opinon its the best in the country,

I looked into it but i think it will be a bit far from Orlando where we'll be basing ourselves for the few days we'll be there

i have to remember all your distances are in MILES so its 1.6 times as far away as i think everything is :D

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
Everythings booked!

We've left our Florida and Arizona parts of the trip a little open as we'll be getting a car for those parts most likely...

Still in the dark a little about what to do and where to stay in Orlando, don't know much about the city! Cocoa beach is right near the space center which we'd like to go and see

this swine flu media beat up hasn't been timed too well for me either haha!