[AUS] PC3, ASVs, Healer, 48T new

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[AUS] For Sale new 48T Supersprox sprocket

Selling my FZ6N, so parting out a few things. All are in good condition, the sprocket is new.

Power Commander 3 USB $280 SOLD
Speedo Healer v4 with FZ6 harness $80 SOLD
ASV C5 shorty levers black with red adjusters $130 posted oz-wide SOLD
Super Sprox 48t rear sprocket $90

Pickup available in Parramatta or Narrabeen, or can post. Postage for the sprocket I've got to weigh and calculate.

Power Commander is loaded with a custom map I got after a dyno session. It suits a Leo Vince with mid-pipe and mildly modified airbox, done in Sydney. Or you can load one of Dynojet's maps of course.

The sprocket I attempted to fit but at the time (new bike) the chain wasn't long enough so I changed the front instead. So it has a couple of scratches on the teeth from fitting, nothing that you wouldn't get within the first 10m of using it!

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aaaaarrgghhhh. Why aren't they Black, Blue or Silver adjusters? I can't put red adjusters on my blue bike :(

I know you can order replacement adjusters of a different color through ASV. Can't tell you te exact cost, but it was fairly cheap to order an extra set when I bought my shorty c-5's.

Scorp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Karen, yes it's a sad day. 12 months, 18,500kms, loved every second of it.

I've got a unique opportunity to own one of the new Street Triple Rs, and decided to give it a run. I've run quite a few Triumph rides and demo days, and it's hard to fault the Speed and Streets. I need a tad more oomph, and the forks on my FZ have let me down a few times in the country on bumpy roads going ten tenths! I don't want to over-invest on my FZ-6n....(eg suspension and more power mods), as the changeover cost to the Triumph will be low.

Sorry!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Karen, yes it's a sad day. 12 months, 18,500kms, loved every second of it.

I've got a unique opportunity to own one of the new Street Triple Rs, and decided to give it a run. I've run quite a few Triumph rides and demo days, and it's hard to fault the Speed and Streets. I need a tad more oomph, and the forks on my FZ have let me down a few times in the country on bumpy roads going ten tenths! I don't want to over-invest on my FZ-6n....(eg suspension and more power mods), as the changeover cost to the Triumph will be low.

Sorry!

I would of thought that the street triple r and the FZ6 have pretty much about the same oomph! Suspension on the triumph is definitely more adjustable though.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's probably very close. If you go by power figures I guess the stock ST3 is about 10hp up on my modded FZ6. But it's more the power delivery that grabs me with the engine. It hits hard lower in the rev range.

I'll be sacrificing comfort though, that's for sure. Parts prices will probably be double as well.....And with the kms on mine, it's never missed a beat. Triumph is new to me so fingers crossed.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll love the Street Triple R. Definitely more punch than the Std Street and the FZ6. Suspension is fully adjustable, but Mike isn't happy with the suspension on his Speed Triple. Not as much play as he thought with the suspension. Still quite hard. I think he is considering selling it :(

The Street R is pretty too :)

R u getting the charcoal with the orange writing? My fave. I nearly bought one, but then found my FZ6. For a "newb" it was the better choice. As an experienced rider, maybe I'd go the Trumpy :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll love the Street Triple R. Definitely more punch than the Std Street and the FZ6. Suspension is fully adjustable, but Mike isn't happy with the suspension on his Speed Triple. Not as much play as he thought with the suspension. Still quite hard. I think he is considering selling it :(

The Street R is pretty too :)

R u getting the charcoal with the orange writing? My fave. I nearly bought one, but then found my FZ6. For a "newb" it was the better choice. As an experienced rider, maybe I'd go the Trumpy :thumbup:

How does the triple r have more punch than the normal street triple, the motor on both bikes is identical if I am not mistaken???

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Punch - I didnt mean power.

Better brakes, suspension, different handlebars and seat - so it's set up to be more aggressive than the standard street. More punch!

Guess I need to translate from Karen language to forum language from now on ;)

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Punch - I didnt mean power.

Better brakes, suspension, different handlebars and seat - so it's set up to be more aggressive than the standard street. More punch!

Guess I need to translate from Karen language to forum language from now on ;)

Lol....I personally think the triumph is over-rated... Sick looking bikes, but I still think Yamaha build quality wins for me'.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
:hijack: At least we're keeping the thread at the top of the list for the sale items......

Don't know if Dantow still visits this forum. I bought his FZ6, then he moved on to a Street Triple. He would have a good comparision, owning both for awhile.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:hijack: At least we're keeping the thread at the top of the list for the sale items......

Don't know if Dantow still visits this forum. I bought his FZ6, then he moved on to a Street Triple. He would have a good comparision, owning both for awhile.

Lol....hope we sell some of Cam's stuff! Ain't seen Dantow in here since he got the trumpy!

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually tossing up between black or white. They've canned the matt paint for 2011, so it's red, black or white.

Black is on top of the list, but waiting to see if Aus version gets gold or black (better) wheels, and white or god-awful fluro mustard tank logo. Both seem to exist! And if so will go white.

Yeah R is same engine but as Kaz says, some subtle changes. The standard actually has the same bars now, but R still has higher seat height (5mm), stiffer suspension stock settings, and the radial brakes. The stock settings are definitely far too hard for the road (I prefer the non-R for city riding) but adjusting it down a little can yield good results.

I'd still rate Yamaha far higher for reliability and build quality, am concerned about corrosion a little on the Triumph, but we'll see :)

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually tossing up between black or white. They've canned the matt paint for 2011, so it's red, black or white.

Black is on top of the list, but waiting to see if Aus version gets gold or black (better) wheels, and white or god-awful fluro mustard tank logo. Both seem to exist! And if so will go white.

Yeah R is same engine but as Kaz says, some subtle changes. The standard actually has the same bars now, but R still has higher seat height (5mm), stiffer suspension stock settings, and the radial brakes. The stock settings are definitely far too hard for the road (I prefer the non-R for city riding) but adjusting it down a little can yield good results.

I'd still rate Yamaha far higher for reliability and build quality, am concerned about corrosion a little on the Triumph, but we'll see :)
Mike has had no problems with his Speed Triple at all - 2009. He also owned a 2006 Daytona 675 - again no problems.

Red is pretty sexy :D