Anyone use "top-load" side cases?!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking into side cases for the V....don't really want to get aluminum boxes like many ADV riders get, but would like something top load, big enough for say, rain gear and a small amount of groceries.
SO...
Any FZ6ers use top-load cases?

P.S. Knowing me i'll ask this and end up getting Side load cases anyhow lol :spank:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Looking into side cases for the V....don't really want to get aluminum boxes like many ADV riders get, but would like something top load, big enough for say, rain gear and a small amount of groceries.
SO...
Any FZ6ers use top-load cases?

P.S. Knowing me i'll ask this and end up getting Side load cases anyhow lol :spank:

If you have to have side load cases, why doesn't anyone build a hinged frame for the things? You could then load them like they were laying flat, and then lock them in place once you've closed the lid....

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
I also had Givi E21s on my Versys. They were big enough and blended in with the bike better than other cases. Although the V35s were my first choice, the E21s were better on my budget. :thumbup:

Traf001

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Trax cases and love them. I got a set of dry bags with the cases which make them easy to load and empty. The cases detach easily as do the SW Motech rails.

picture.php

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Trax look pretty nice. Didn't know givi made a top loader, will have to look into it, thanks guys!

Traf001

Reaction score
Visit site
FYI - the seat pictured is a Russell Cycles "Day-Long" custom. It is very comfortable for long trips but I have a Top Sellerie seat for day-to-day and canyon carving riding.

:thumbup: