Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Over the weekend i'll take time to explain what your looking at & write a ride report but im pressed for time after having to go straight back to work :(

But just to keep you interested heres some more pic's :BLAA:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got to Esperance!..... Port Lincoln and Eucla are places where we stayed after leaving Jamies house. Won't be going to those places again. Streaky Bay on the other hand, well I could move there tomorrow :D

We're doing laundry AGAIN and about to hit the town :steve:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a beautiful place Mick. The rest of the Eyre Peninsula wasn't very pretty, but S Bay was wonderful.

BTW I have had the BEST CUSTARD TART EVER...... Elliston Bakery. Mike agreed :)

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As for eucla ,If it wasn't on the main road I would never go there again.
Border guys gave me a hard time when I was driving trucks .He forgot to ask me where abouts in W.A I was going and radioed the cops to send me back to ask that simple question,ever tried to turn a semi around out there !

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a beautiful place Mick. The rest of the Eyre Peninsula wasn't very pretty, but S Bay was wonderful.

BTW I have had the BEST CUSTARD TART EVER...... Elliston Bakery. Mike agreed :)

You missed the Elliston Pub then? Massive scnittys, and rumps, and....well...just about everything, and usually cooked to perfection.

11km, to the Adelaide side of Elliston is Loch's Well. Great views, and the Salmon are huge and ferocious...lol. You have to hide behind a rock to bait up...LMFAO:BLAA:.

Coffin Bay, is another sweet spot on the way through. Sunset in the Oyster leases, quiet, great fishing, and friendly people (I would retire there when the time comes if they had some twisites):D

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Streaky Bay on the other hand, well I could move there tomorrow :D

It gets very boring, very quickly at Streaky Bay. I should know, I lived there for 10 years. Great place to visit, and a great place to retire, but not the best for a teenager....lol

I was there from 1980 - 1990, had a house that gave us a view of the end of the jetty. Had a telescope set up there, kept an eye on the anglers down there, if they're catching, I'd grab the gear and head on down.

Funnily enough, lived in Elliston for the 5 years previous. Dad was a truckie, and when he wasn't driving, we'd be down at Loch's Well catching those humongous Salmon. Was a nasty climb back up the hill with a sack full of fish.

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It gets very boring, very quickly at Streaky Bay. I should know, I lived there for 10 years. Great place to visit, and a great place to retire, but not the best for a teenager....lol

I was there from 1980 - 1990, had a house that gave us a view of the end of the jetty. Had a telescope set up there, kept an eye on the anglers down there, if they're catching, I'd grab the gear and head on down.

Funnily enough, lived in Elliston for the 5 years previous. Dad was a truckie, and when he wasn't driving, we'd be down at Loch's Well catching those humongous Salmon. Was a nasty climb back up the hill with a sack full of fish.

:rockon:

You know they've got stairs down to the beach at Loch's Well now? Still a nasty climb...lol, but nowhere near as nasty.:D

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, we are on our final stop before we get home tomorrow.

Just spent 3 hours at The Cidery in Bridgetown. Very nice :thumbup:

It's been a long and wonderful trip. Have so many photos. I guess the rest of the week will be sorting them out before I post some.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK! Pictures from Tassie...took sweet f*** all touristy shots...was too busy riding to do that stuff much.....but here are what i got....

The trip over to Tassie, and Day 1!

Our room on the Ferry....with me trashed in bed!
View attachment 35136

The front of the Beaconsfield Mines....
View attachment 35137

An old miners cottage.....not exactly the Ritz!
View attachment 35138

The view from the pillion seat of the mighty fizzer....note XJR1300's are behind me! :D
View attachment 35139

Was thinking that the Sprintcar was an interesting thing to see in a paddock!
View attachment 35140

The view across the water at Beauty point.
View attachment 35141

Heaps more to come....

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i have been trying to post more pics for about the last 2 hours, but once again my internet connection sucks! Maybe tomorrow....

:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Might be time for an internet upgrade.... :)

That would be nice, but it seems i am in a "Blackspot" for internet....funny thing is, i live 3 k's from the CBD, and in one of the most affluent suburbs in Adelaide....and the internet sucks balls round here, as does phone reception....

Has a lot to do with the fact that my house has a tin roof, and 14 inch thick bluestone walls!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be nice, but it seems i am in a "Blackspot" for internet....funny thing is, i live 3 k's from the CBD, and in one of the most affluent suburbs in Adelaide....and the internet sucks balls round here, as does phone reception....

Has a lot to do with the fact that my house has a tin roof, and 14 inch thick bluestone walls!

Well then, new house time? A place with a big shed, 3 bedrooms, close to the CBD, big garden for the kids, all mod cons, reasonable rent AND good internet coverage.

Can't be that hard to find? ;)......

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well then, new house time? A place with a big shed, 3 bedrooms, close to the CBD, big garden for the kids, all mod cons, reasonable rent AND good internet coverage.

Can't be that hard to find? ;)......

Yeah, if your prepared to pay $1000 a week rent! Which i aint, as it is, i pay nearly $500 a week for the bog hole that has most of that....dont get me started about the carpet, the kitchen, the decor, the shower, and the 30 year old paint job!

As for the net, well, that's just a pain in Adelaide just about everywhere....bit like Tassie really, we are a small town in the scheme of things, and as such, unless you are with Telstra, who charge like wounded bulls, you are left in the dark....i am with "Optoss"!!! :(