Any suggestions on a waterproof radar detector mounting system

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone have suggestions on a waterproof radar detector mounting system. I currently put it in a case similar to the picture, but I do not like the setup because the detecting face of the radar does not have an unobstructed view. There is dark fabric and a zipper in front of it instead of a clear plastic.

Thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know of a cover that won't hinder the view (you are indeed covering it up literally)..

What would work is a plastic sandwich bag you could slip over it when you see inclimate rain/weather coming up to keep it dry.

Of course it likely won''t work but then again, IMHO, I wouldn't be pushing the speed limit in the rain anyways, its a good time to slow down to at least the speed limit if NOT SLOWER (traffic permitting)

On my Garmin, non waterproof, 2300 GPS, I sewed up a naugahyde cover to slip over it and keep it dry if needed...

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
There are a few different products out there, but I think I will keep what I have. It rains a lot here in BC, the lower mainland, so I basically have to consider rain as common and be prepared for it.

Yeah, slowing down in the rainy weather is a must.

Thanks