Another Blinker Problem

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have not seen anything on this as of yet.

I put led blinkers in front and back. I have also done the pod light mod, and I have put in a MotoSport Led Flasher Relay.

My issue is that my blinkers in front and back stay on constantly and will not turn off. Any thoughts on what to do next to get everything flashing again? Has anyone ever gotten a bad relay? I am at a loss, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not seen anything on this as of yet.

I put led blinkers in front and back. I have also done the pod light mod, and I have put in a MotoSport Led Flasher Relay.

My issue is that my blinkers in front and back stay on constantly and will not turn off. Any thoughts on what to do next to get everything flashing again? Has anyone ever gotten a bad relay? I am at a loss, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

dont use the relay.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
The led flasher unit is just a regular flasher unit without the bulb burnt out indicator. That is what makes a regular flasher blink fast. When you put on the turnsignals did you get them hooked up correctly? You dont have the parking light wire hooked up to them do you? If so that might be your problem. The flasher unit could be bad but not likely, if it is brand new. But first thing I would do is check your wiring and make shure it is good, and you have no loose wires. Oh and make shure the flasher unit is plugged in correctly.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I did go back and check all of the wiring. It was all correct. I also remove the new flasher relay, and put the stock one back on. It was still messed up, so I started disconnecting the lights one at a time. When I removed the pod lights, the lights started blinking. So, it was the way that I had wired the pod lights. Apparently, the Led tail lights do not like it when you wire the pod lights to be both blinkers and running lights. I had the pod lights hooked up to the front blinker + and the Running light wire. It worked fine with the regular bulbs in the back. The lights just blinked in opposite sequense like the other post said they would. So, I now have the pod lights as just blinkers, and the back as blinkers.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
New issue. With the stock flasher relay, the blinkers blink fast. With the MotoSports relay, the Leds lights have only half of the lights on each light blinking.

The question is, should I put some kind of risistor that is lower wattage and amperage than the flasher relay to get the lights to blink at the correct interval. I think my led lights have more than one risistor in them that combined with the new Flasher relay, cut the power to much. Does this sound right, or am I way off base.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How many wires does your Pod lights have each? If only two, you're going to need to do more than just connecting the two wires to the running and turn wires on the front lights.... Is this what what you did?

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
How many wires does your Pod lights have each? If only two, you're going to need to do more than just connecting the two wires to the running and turn wires on the front lights.... Is this what what you did?

Yes, that is what I origionally did. I hooked the Running wire to one side of the pod lights, and the blinker to the negative side of the pod lights which worked fine when I had the factory blinkers hooked up. Now I have the pods hooked up to run as Blinkers only. I saw a thing on the internet about "magic blinkers". It takes your 3 wire Factory light wires, and converts them to a two wire. However, it is pretty expensive. They are like 20.00 a side.