Another approach at mounting a light...

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
This based on a year old thread at sbn....you can read the words there but i'll post the pics here....along with what I'm currently doing...

Got some updated pics with a zip tie mock up. The design has already changed slightly form these pic as I'm adding 4 more brackets to stabilize vertically & horizontally. I need to drill a hole thru two of the brackets that will stabilize horizontally. Eventually, all the brackets will get painted black.

WOW all this for a light...Cool. At the end of the day it will look really nice. Never seen it like this before. Yeah def post finished pics.

WOW all this for a light...Cool. At the end of the day it will look really nice. Never seen it like this before. Yeah def post finished pics.

All of what? The rubber bracket/"fairing stay" are from the Acerbis Enduro I bought cheap last year (~$55 I think), I bought a left-side 04-06 R1 projector assembly for something like $65, and then extracted it, bought ~$10 in brackets, nuts & washers from Home Depot.

All of what? The rubber bracket/"fairing stay" are from the Acerbis Enduro I bought cheap last year (~$55 I think), I bought a left-side 04-06 R1 projector assembly for something like $65, and then extracted it, bought ~$10 in brackets, nuts & washers from Home Depot.

Excellent! Great way to achieve a unique mod at a reasonable expense. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

What are you going to do with all the empty space up front?

With that light, almost would make me wanna do a tri-light setup. One pointing way down at the road and then above it, have two for the standard headlights. I do like the light though!

Back