and the answer is.... yes.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
a week ago i posted this thread asking if the fz6 was for me. your answers, a sit on one at the dealer, and the test ride said YES! so yesterday i went and picked up my "new" fz6. it's an 06 with 1300 miles. that's newer than my 83 gl650 with 38K miles.

i can't ride it yet because i'm waiting on the title to get here. so it's in my back yard just waiting. i do have to say, i think i'm going to have to do some insurance shopping. it was quite a shock to go from basic liability with my silverwing of $100.00 a year to full coverage of the fz6 for close to $800.00 a year. not quite what i was expecting.

anyway, i'll post pics when i get a chance. thanks for the help and i look forward to spending a little more time here.

nsikes

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome,

I just bought my "new" 06 3 weeks ago.

I would shop around for your insurance. I have full coverage with $100/$250 deductibles and have a premium of only $210/year. And I am 28. I went with State Farm as they have my other insurance, but they seemed very reasonable.

Keep safe and wear your helmet. She is crazy FAST!!!!!

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I have full coverage with $100/$250 deductibles and have a premium of only $210/year. And I am 28. I went with State Farm....

WHAT! holy mackerel. i'm 32, own a house, married with two kids and plan on simply commuting to work (15 miles away) for the most part. i picked $1000.00 deductibles and it's close to $800.00 with gieco. insane! thanks. i'll definitely be shopping around on monday.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I have my FZ6 insured through State Farm on the same policy as my boat. I'm 28 and running full coverage with a $250 deductible for $322 per year. Keep shopping for insurance... you can do a lot better than $800/ year.

PAJeep

Reaction score
Visit site
WHAT! holy mackerel. i'm 32, own a house, married with two kids and plan on simply commuting to work (15 miles away) for the most part. i picked $1000.00 deductibles and it's close to $800.00 with gieco. insane! thanks. i'll definitely be shopping around on monday.

Definitely check with State Farm. From my experience they cant be beat for bike coverage. Paying under $240 yr/ full coverage with 250 deductable. You do have a longer riding season in NC so prices may vary.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

That talking lizard must demand a pretty high premium :eek: (I'm with State Farm also, $330/year).

Welcome and Congrats on the new bike! That's gotta be a pain waiting for the paperwork...

600ccdevil

Reaction score
Visit site

Geico is a rip off when it comes to motorcycle insurance. At 23yo with a (relatively) clean driving record they wanted me to pay almost $6000 a year. I hear that they are easier on cruisers though. I went with State Farm and I'm paying about $60 a month. Keep in mind that I'm a single male, 23yo, and live in California where our riding season is year-round.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geico is a rip off when it comes to motorcycle insurance. At 23yo with a (relatively) clean driving record they wanted me to pay almost $6000 a year. I hear that they are easier on cruisers though. I went with State Farm and I'm paying about $60 a month. Keep in mind that I'm a single male, 23yo, and live in California where our riding season is year-round.

Ya gotta shop around. Gieco was the best price for my Buell, about $425, full coverage, 100/300/50, $500 decutable. State Farm, Farmers and others were $1,800! For my FZ Gieco was about $800...go figure...

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Welcome and Congrats on the new bike! That's gotta be a pain waiting for the paperwork...

thanks. and yes... it's a pain waiting. my wife is actually out of town for the weekend with my two girls so i had the house all to my self today. if i would have had the stinkin' title i would have been out riding. oh well. i needed to do yard work anyway.

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
You're insurance is crazy, definitely shop around. I have progressive and pay 280 for the year. Do you have a really poor driving record? Tickets/Accidents? There is no reason that you should be paying that much! Congrats on the purchase!

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Ya gotta shop around. Gieco was the best price for my Buell, about $425, full coverage, 100/300/50, $500 decutable. State Farm, Farmers and others were $1,800! For my FZ Gieco was about $800...go figure...

yeah, mine is 30/60/25 with a $1000.00 deductible. after seeing this i did a quick online progressive quote and was given a quote of $500.00 ish. i'll be calling around on monday and tuesday. insane that full coverage on my truck and mini van is less than half what full coverage on my bike is.

regardless, i'm happy. i'll be happier when my title gets here and i get tags. should be monday or tuesday.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
You're insurance is crazy, definitely shop around. I have progressive and pay 280 for the year. Do you have a really poor driving record? Tickets/Accidents? There is no reason that you should be paying that much! Congrats on the purchase!

nope. i've had one accident back when i was in college (over 10 years ago) and one ticket when i first got married (about 9 years ago). the lady i spoke with basically said it's in the same category as a super sport. that and it's a bike that is "known to wreck" and known to be stolen.

and thanks.

CFPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, now i REALLY wish i didn't live in manitoba... i'm paying $2000 per year!!! the riding season is only 5 months!!!! maybe its time to move...