Akrapovic??

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have the akrapovic exhaust? Does it sound good? I'm torn between that, the leos, and the Scorpions. I like the TB's but there kinda expensive. Thanks for the help?

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure on pricing of the Akra's in the US but in the UK they are up there with the TB's at the high $ end. For price vs. sound/looks the new end Scorps are hard to beat.

In the end it comes down to your budget. I deliberated for two months before settling on S/S Scorps at the more affordable end of the spectrum and love them, sound and looks. if you can are happy to spend $'s then the TB's over the Akra's in my opinion.

Try the search feature there is more on here on exhausts that almost anything else, cept maybe tires

hope this helps

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete (Hellgate) has some akrapovic cans, if he doesnt see this thread you should send him a PM. From his posts they sound like a pretty rocking exhaust, and I've heard good things about Akra's in general. :thumbup:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to burst your bubble, but have you looked into Two Brothers Exhaust?
Couple of my friends have all the ones you mentioned, and they sound like **** next to two brothers. Yeah two bros might be a little more expensive, but it it worth every cent. Look wise, performance, and especially sound.

Hapi

Reaction score
Visit site
i got akrapovic, and I'm very satisfied with the sound, it's much better than stock, but not too loud like Leovince or Two Brothers, because Akrap doesn't have cat elim pipe.
IMHO if you want loud exhaust and become deaft buy Two Brothers :D
,if you want just loud exhaust buy Akrapovic :rockon:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Akrapovics on mine and they sound great.

IMG_2250.jpg

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
i got akrapovic, and I'm very satisfied with the sound, it's much better than stock, but not too loud like Leovince or Two Brothers, because Akrap doesn't have cat elim pipe.
IMHO if you want loud exhaust and become deaft buy Two Brothers :D
,if you want just loud exhaust buy Akrapovic :rockon:

How much did you pay for them?

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
This is brand I was thinking about purchasing as well. If I ever have the money :rolleyes:.

Sound is important, but how about the performance of the Akro's compared to the TB or Scorp's?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is brand I was thinking about purchasing as well. If I ever have the money :rolleyes:.

Sound is important, but how about the performance of the Akro's compared to the TB or Scorp's?

Honestly they are all about the same, within a .5 hp of each other on the top end. The big consideration is what do they do in the mid range where you ride everyday, not peak hp.

For what it's worth Akro, TB and Scorps are the three best on th '04 R6.

The question is, what do you like the best???

The Exhaust Thread - Sportbikes.net

Nemanja

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

"Akrapovic company was founded in 1990 by experienced Slovenian racer Igor Akrapovič". Akrapovic exhaust are all about racing and made in first place for racing. Then they start to make exhaust for street model as well.

I will go for Akrapovic if I were you, I have one on my '06 FZ6N and they are great.

Every Akrapovic exhaust model are made and tested for best performance specialy for that bike and that why I think it is perfect fit for bikes. Not just sound that matters for me. But if you are only buying exhaust for sound then you need to buy Devil although they performance are very good.
I wanted to buy Devil, but some guy that seling them in my country didn't have them at time and then I have Akrapovic and didn't regret.

You can hear Devil here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0acJRoK-lPQ"]YouTube - FZ6n ´06 Exhaust Devil[/ame]

Nemanja