AirHawk Positioning

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought an AirHawk 2 Cruiser Pad Small and what I have been finding is that I tend to slide around on it if it is inflated rather full. If it is low on air then the air just collects in the spots not under me and I am basically sitting on my stock seat again. I can't seem to position it in a way that actually fits most of it under me. And this is the smallest size they offer other than the pillion pad.

If anyone has had success with it I would love to hear or see how. Everything from how its positioned on the bike to how full you keep it. I really want to love this thing, but I find myself fidgeting constantly.

~Brackson

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same size Air Hawk but the regular one....not the 2.
Made the stock seat much more comfortable but was still pushed forward abit. I had to fill it about half full then find a sweet spot when seated and wiggle my arse so that some of the air was moved forward in order to prevent my you know whats from jamming into the tank. I also moved the Air Hawk forward as much as possible.

Still a great product. I still have it after I sold the FZ6.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is similar to what I typically end up riding with. Its better than nothing, but I find myself sliding forward on it, which leads to my boxers bunching up very uncomfortably. I will try to force some air forward like you suggested when I play with it tomorrow.

Thanks for the input PFD023.

PZ 1

Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought an AirHawk 2 Cruiser Pad Small and what I have been finding is that I tend to slide around on it if it is inflated rather full. If it is low on air then the air just collects in the spots not under me and I am basically sitting on my stock seat again. I can't seem to position it in a way that actually fits most of it under me. And this is the smallest size they offer other than the pillion pad.

If anyone has had success with it I would love to hear or see how. Everything from how its positioned on the bike to how full you keep it. I really want to love this thing, but I find myself fidgeting constantly.

~Brackson

Nothing wrong with using a pillion model. I bought the Airhawk that I thought was sized best to fit - the 14 x 11 large cruiser pillion. It works fine on the bike.

Last edited: