airbag helmet tested

Hey that is pretty cool. It really stablizes the head during impact. Looks like it could prevent/lessen whiplash injuries.

It looks good! I saw something like this for the first time a couple of years ago (maybe more) when the F1 started to implement the whole neck suporters for all the pilots. Now this is used on every car competition I see everywhere. This airbag needs to have a really fast reaction to the impact, otherwise would be useless.

I've got the whiplash protection like that already built into my jacket. Good speed humps. :D

It looks good! I saw something like this for the first time a couple of years ago (maybe more) when the F1 started to implement the whole neck suporters for all the pilots. Now this is used on every car competition I see everywhere. This airbag needs to have a really fast reaction to the impact, otherwise would be useless.

this is called the
"hans device"

HANS device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this looks the good something i would buy for sure

helmet loosk nice too!

How is the airbag triggered? I see a cord attatched to the bike in the video but I'm not sure thats it.

I recall seeing a riding jacket that had airbags built into the neck and sides of the spine when a cord attached to the bike was pulled. (Kinda like how a jet ski turns off if you fall off)

How embarrassing would it be if you were getting off your bike and :eek: You forgot to unhook yourself from the handlebars?

It's probably something pretty complex to be able to be triggered from all those different scenarios.

EDIT: Paragraph 2 added to clarify point

Last edited:
How is the airbag triggered? I see a cord attatched to the bike in the video but I'm not sure thats it.

I recall seeing a riding jacket that had airbags built into the neck and sides of the spine when a cord attached to the bike was pulled. (Kinda like how a jet ski turns off if you fall off)

How embarrassing would it be if you were getting off your bike and :eek: You forgot to unhook yourself from the handlebars?

It's probably something pretty complex to be able to be triggered from all those different scenarios.

EDIT: Paragraph 2 added to clarify point

i did some google

is basically says it is activated via bluetooth with the sensors in teh bike itself
and the lid comes with a blue tooth headset as well

less than 1.5 secs to deploy fully....
im hoping u dont need to keep the lid "charged"
as if it goes flat your ****t

Doesn't look like it does much if you get into a front end collision, but great for getting nailed from behind...hopefully that won't happen.

any preliminary price tags on such an "advanced" helmet?

This is a good idea...the jacket was questionable.

I am looking for a bluetooth helmet and would consider this if the price is not ridiculously stupid.

The airbag and a reasonable price would move these off the shelves. But as usual the stupid price will probably stop the helmet from selling.

Steve

This is a great start and will get better as time and technology move forward. When i travel thru the KY state i still get goose bumps when i see all the people up their riding without a helmet. It reminds me of a Charles Bronson movie called Death Wish. Apparently some of use want to live more than others, or ??

very clever idea, but how sensative is it? i mean i can brake pretty quick if i need to, am i gonna get a neck full of bag if i do? Would like to know how it detects an impact :p

very clever idea, but how sensative is it? i mean i can brake pretty quick if i need to, am i gonna get a neck full of bag if i do? Would like to know how it detects an impact :p

it would use accelerometers mounted in the bike

yes u can stop quick but not as quick when u hit a solid object

Back