Adding Givi Topcase

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have a set of Givi V35s (using Givi brackets) mounted to my '6 and I'm considering adding a topcase. From what slim info I can find online, it appears it should be a fairly simple process to install... basically utilizing two attachment points on each side.

Can anyone sporting this setup confirm this? I really don't want to have to do a bunch of disassembly. I had enough excitement installing the first time. :shakehead:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well.. i cant speak for the v35's, but you make have to unbolt a thing hear and there.. shouldnt be too much work.. good luck on the install!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you already have side racks, I believe the clamp that goes around the exhaust is already in place (that's what side racks mount to, right?)
If that is the case, all the hard work has been done. Should be quite easy to bolt up top rack now.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Schweet! Thanks for the info... I suspected as much but wanted to be sure. I had already looked at the installation instructions and they're typical minimalist Givi. Pretty sure you could fit everything on one page if you stuck with a single language. :rolleyes:

It might just be time to go shopping! :rockon:

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Done and done. I think I'm finished with any additions for a while.

Cee Bailey windscreen (last year)
Givi V35 cases (last year)
Givi V46 top case (new)
SW-Motech risers (last year)
Powerlet 12v outlet (last year)
Spencer Mod seat (new)
Michelin PR2's (new)

Officially dubbed "FJR Jr." Time to ride. :rockon:

IMG_20120514_115621.jpg

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Have any pictures from the back of the bike? I'm curious how wide the bags are and what the clearance looks like on either side.

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
Added a topcase myself, after the 35s...only thing I did "extra" was I had two bushings made that go into the recess that accommodates the bolt holding the brackets to the exhaust mount, in between the two mounts once the top-case mount arrived.

I did this because both the side-case mounts and the top-case mounts have this recess, but the bolt goes through both; so the load is on the edges of the inside-bracket's recess, if that makes any sense.

*Probably* isn't necessary, but aside from that, it was a breeze.

You will see what I mean by looking at the existing mount; the bolt is recessed.

Now imagine the exact same fixture to the inside (where you probably now have spacers.)

For all I know, the bushings I made come with the kit, but if not, it's something to consider.

I bought mine used...

Last edited: