Added a lower cowling

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished installing a Yamaha of Germany lower cowling kit (thanks, Warrior1), before and after pics follow. Installation was pretty straightforward, good directions and hardware.

Opened the garage to take it out, crap, it's raining!!

Thoughts?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen that same colored bike with the black lowers and I think the silver lowers look even better!

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
So? Your bike won't melt in the rain ya know.....:thumbup:

Fairings look good. Nice job. How long did it take to put them on? Any issues?

Yeah, I sure won't melt either, but wet leaves at midnight on these generally crappy roads just isn't a good combination. I don't heal as quickly as I used to.

Took me about an hour to put these on, and I was really taking my time. Probably half that to do it again. The only issue I ran into was a tad bit of confusion as to which nut/bolt/grommet goes where, as the directions, while complete, didn't match the labelling of the nuts/bolts/grommets. Perhaps something was lost in the translation.

The only other head-scratcher I ran into is that there is no way to put a nut on the upper mount. The lowest stock fairing bolt on each side is replaced with a longer one to capture an upper mount hole on the cowling, but it ends up just being a "post" from which the cowling is essentially hanging. It's tight and solid, all other mounts are quite secure, and I don't think there will be a problem, but would have been better for the cowling to include a captured nut or something. Oh well.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Where are the frame sliders, do you have to guess where they go?????

Same place as before. In fact, I didn't even have to remove mine to put the cowling on. Double-click the thumbnails to make the pics larger, you'll see them. The cowling had perfectly placed "formed" holes for the sliders, they ended up perfectly centered. They did a nice job with these.

Last edited:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Warrior1 still has a set of dark blue full cowlings for sale....$175 I hear....

Looks good....:thumbup:

steel horse 3

Reaction score
Visit site
hey very kewl, love the lower cowel, i ve got a small chin one on the bottom ,
whats the addy of where you got it , or a phone number where i can order one of those , :) thanks :rockon:

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
hey very kewl, love the lower cowel, i ve got a small chin one on the bottom ,
whats the addy of where you got it , or a phone number where i can order one of those , :) thanks :rockon:

Steel Horse 3, hit up Joe at "[email protected]" (no quotes of course). Not sure what he has, but he was prompt at getting back to me. Good luck with whatever you decide, and by all means post some pics!!:thumbup:

PS: He's outside Toronto. Missisaugua, if I'm spelling that correctly

Last edited: