Abs?

Oaksong

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that in europe they have a version of the FZ6 with ABS. Can you get that in the states? or add it?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I saw that in europe they have a version of the FZ6 with ABS. Can you get that in the states? or add it?

Since 2006 ABS have been an option on all FZ6 (N or S versions).
I would not think you can add it afterwards, - it takes a lot of wirering etc. so I would think its either there from factory or not at all.

Oaksong

Reaction score
Visit site
Since 2006 ABS have been an option on all FZ6 (N or S versions).
I would not think you can add it afterwards, - it takes a lot of wirering etc. so I would think its either there from factory or not at all.

So you can get ABS in the states??? If so the FZ6 just got bumped to #1 contender for next bike.

Oaksong

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know ...,- As you can see in my info, I'm in Denmark, - that being Europe ....

I want to kick Yamaha if they don't put ABS in the US. I would pay a good solid extra 1k, maybe more, for ABS.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately they don't have it here. I'd like to kick them too. I'm thinking of trading mine in for an Interceptor with ABS which kind of pisses me off since I love the Fizz and I know they'll screw me on the trade in.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Before you get to grumpy about it,- keep in mind that a FZ6 is 28000,- US$ here in Denmark .......... So we pay for our extra choices ....

Are you kidding? $28,000 US? The average annual salary in Denmark must be $100,000 US.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it is about 28000 US dollars...we pay 180% import tax on all motor vehicles.
I think it is the second highest in the world next to India, which is why you do not see many "Nice" bikes in India.
Having said that we also have no national debt and 3% unemployment so I think someone is doing something useful with our taxes. I think most of us in Denmark have a good standard of living.
I am English and have lived here for 6 years so I am able to see the difference between England and Denmark better than most. Denmark is a much better to place to live.
If I have to pay extra taxes for that then I will. After all a bike is a luxury and our housing is relatively cheap.

Steve

Oaksong

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it is about 28000 US dollars...we pay 180% import tax on all motor vehicles.
I think it is the second highest in the world next to India, which is why you do not see many \"Nice\" bikes in India.
Having said that we also have no national debt and 3% unemployment so I think someone is doing something useful with our taxes. I think most of us in Denmark have a good standard of living.
I am English and have lived here for 6 years so I am able to see the difference between England and Denmark better than most. Denmark is a much better to place to live.
If I have to pay extra taxes for that then I will. After all a bike is a luxury and our housing is relatively cheap.

Steve

Yeah, that area is awesome. I might move there.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is the second highest in the world next to India, which is why you do not see many \\"Nice\\" bikes in India.

Steve

The Danes do have a bad habit of stealing our GORGEOUS Aussie girls though :spank: :spank: , Mary was mine i had dibs on her :thumbup:

Last edited:

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
not so much as 28.000 USD, more likely like 19.000 USD (110K Danish Kronas) which is still ridiculously high when most of europe gets it for about 10000 USD

perhaps if you (denmark) decided to join the Euro you would have more of a consumer power.

i got mine FZ6N S2 WITH ABS, some months ago and i paid 7500Eur ( 10200USD)
oh, i got it in greece where 7500 eur is equivalent of a low level wage (most of the greek workforce) for 10 Months.

and

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it only me, or did anyone else read the thread title and think Abs??? (as in Wash-board Stomach... Six-pack... Tough guy..lotsa muscles) instead of A-B-S :rof:

:)

Um, yup. That'd be me...

And now it's about that abs-urd pricing of motos in europe.

I thought it was going to be a thread about the importance of core strength and posture relative to riding and all that sort of thing...silly me.

And now back to our discussion of expensive motorcycles...

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
The Danes do have a bad habit of stealing our GORGEOUS Aussie girls though :spank: :spank: , Mary was mine i had dibs on her :thumbup:

Thats simply up to good looks, big brains and excellent tools :) ,- we are a polite nation, and if the girls from down under want to throw them self at us, - well it would be outright unpolit to refuse them :)